8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Brussels Attack (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Brussels Attack
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 06:21 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for everyone's family and friends - Somehow, this has got to stop

|  IP: Logged

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 06:53 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Joe!
Being a worldwide forum I also am thinking about people of Brussels .... Really really terrible things that are happening over that way in the world.
New Zealand is quite isolated from the rest of the world - fingers crossed - but this sort of stuff really saddens us too and is scary!

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 07:10 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite agree with you.

--------------------
Tony

Thijs de Kort
Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 07:35 AM      Profile for Thijs de Kort   Email Thijs de Kort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's hope that dominique stays uninjured, Let us know soon!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 07:43 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your messages. So far, what we know is that there has been bombs at the airport and in a metro station. 28 people were killed. The security level has been raised from 3 to 4 (the maximum). I went to work this morning but it is a special week as there will be Easter Holiday in Belgium next week, so some schools, like mine have "teachers meetings" (i don't know how it is called in English ; teachers talk about student before the notations are given, in my school on Thursday). So I had to go back at 1pm but this has been cancelled and the school will remain closed tomorrow as well. The public transport (metro, bus, trams) is not working. Some train stations are closed. People have been asked to remain at the place they are and several places such as cinémas, shops are closed. It seems that some terrorists are still looked for.

--------------------
Dominique

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 22, 2016 08:03 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This topic will remain open as a statement of sympathy for the victims. Posts about government policies and negative statements towards certain groups have been and will continue to be deleted.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 08:37 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praying as well Shorty.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 08:52 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers and thoughts with you all from us here.

Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 09:47 AM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to offer my support to all the many victims, their families and the people of Belgium

--------------------
Let there be light,so god created the projector

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 10:08 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
To stay politically correct, I will simply say "here here" regarding all of this.

Thoughts and prayers with you ALL and especially our own Dominique here.

Now at 31 poor innocent victims. [Mad]

[ March 22, 2016, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Thijs de Kort
Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 10:22 AM      Profile for Thijs de Kort   Email Thijs de Kort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last numbers are: 34 people killed and 187 people injured, 81 at the airport and 106 in the subway... when will the madness end?

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 12:13 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are all relieved to know that you are okay,Dominique.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 12:13 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coming from a part of the world that endured 30 odd years of butchery and murder at the hands of a few psychopathic bigots I know there are no words of sympathy or comfort that will ease the pain and loss of the innocents and their families who have been slaughtered or injured by degenerate morally vacuumed vermin. I can only hope those who are physically or mentally damaged will in time recover and be able to overcome this day with care and love.

[ March 22, 2016, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Mike Newell ]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 01:30 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your support. I wish to point out that Bruno and Jean-Christophe from this forum live very close to Brussels, so I'm not the only one involved. Bruno works in Brussels and was in the city today (I don't know if Jean-Christophe works also in the capital).
 -
"Belgium crying over his children"

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 01:53 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Our thoughts go out to Bruno and Jean-Christophe also Dominique, as well as all involved in this needless and mindless activity.

--------------------

Keld Andersen
Junior

- posted March 22, 2016 01:53 PM      Profile for Keld Andersen   Email Keld Andersen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A moment of silence here from Denmark

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 02:03 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our mutual friend, Bruno lives in the Belgium area - Hope he's okay

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 03:03 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts and prayers to the families of the deceased and the victims that are injured. I sincerely hope that any of our forum members there are all OK.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 03:21 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like probably everyone on this Forum I am horrified and disgusted by these events, but unless we know anyone that is affected, why bother to post comments here. We are unable to press or debate our feelings/ outrage or solutions here, so why bother.
There are other forums for these concerns, so why not stick to the matters that this forum is designed to address.
I don't know if I am alone in my hypothesis but it annoys me when members jump on headlines and make comments that are so inanely obvious that it is totally unnecessary and unrelated to this site.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 03:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry, as far as I'm concerned, I'm very happy that members of this forum expressed (here and through private messages) concerns and support after what happened today.

--------------------
Dominique

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 03:43 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't know if I am alone in my hypothesis but it annoys me when members jump on headlines and make comments that are so inanely obvious that it is totally unnecessary and unrelated to this site.
I think it's done out of common decency for members of the forum that are directly effected by such a tragedy.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 03:59 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pasquel
EXACTLY my point! From the posts on here it appears that no members or family were DIRECTLY affected. The question of decency doesn't enter the equation. Any decent human being will have sympathy, but this is a FILM FORUM. If the topics are filled with our thoughts about headlines of world events and outrages then the forum will descend into oblivion of the prime motive.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 04:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Terry, I consider people like Dominique here to be a friend.
As such, of course I consider it relevant on days like today to be concerned for his well-being.

Equally, as Dominique pointed out earlier here, there are other fellow collectors here from the very same area to be concerned for also.

While I recognize that this is a film devoted forum and not a social website, I feel that for the people like yourself and myself, who have been involved in this community here for quite some time now, it is only natural to ask about the welfare of our members in these areas on days like today.

--------------------

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2016 04:14 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew
I also consider Dom a friend and also also every other decent person in the whole world, but I reiterate that no one appears to have been directly affected and I sincerely hope this remains the case. However I stand by my position that we do not need posts about such matters. Do you see how this is descending into a post totally unrelated to film?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 04:37 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes indeed Terry. I think once people have said their piece surrounding members here and such likes, that will be it.

That will be because it's a film forum and not a social web page.

It's difficult to say that no members here were directly affected by this, after all, the aftermath of these type of atrocities effects everyone in their lifestyles, especially when it's just happened on your doorstep,relatively speaking.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC