8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Deadpool ... dead wrong!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deadpool ... dead wrong!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 29, 2016 11:48 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had heard so much great talk about this film from friends that I decided to go see it, but I had also heard some bad stuff, so, for the first time, I didn't invite my son (he's 8, and loves anything "Marvel"), to see it with me ...

Boy, was that a good choice!

I was stunned by how many "F Bombs" they're were in this film, and many other inappropriate conversations in it as well, as well as a good deal of nudity as well, and a guy getting it in the backside by his girlfriend? (sorry, there is really no nice way of saying that)

Look, I'm no prude myself, but man, when I see "Marvel" on a film coming out, I, like a lot of other parents think "good for the kiddies", and even though I think that this was largely marketed to teens to young adults, you know that a lot of kids were wanting to see this.

A lot of parents have been coming out of this film embarrassed as they brought they're kids. I can see why.

Awfully glad my son didn't see it, unless they come out with a "family friendly" version of the film. [Frown]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2016 12:02 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If memory serves me right, wasn't Deadpool always vulgar? I also saw some parents covering their kiddies eyes during the movie. Apparently it is the highest grossing R-rated movie to date

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 29, 2016 12:08 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Should have been NC17 ... but then, they wouldn't get that all important teen audience.

--------------------

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2016 12:12 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They would never go NC17 with such a big name movie, but I know what you mean.

When was the last NC17 movie actually released?

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 30, 2016 11:38 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good question, I really don't remember (anybody else know what was the last NC17 film released, thus far?)

It's funny how things are released these days and in the past. Things that were actually released as an "X" rating from the 70's, ("Last Tango in Paris", for instance), and literally tame by todays standards, (though 'Tango" is still considered fairly intense in it's unrated version, even today.)

I think the saddest thing about "Deadpool", is that the "marvel brand" has given itself a setback of sorts, and parents/families will be thinking twice before they think of taking their children to a "marvel" movie.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC