8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » My First YouTube Video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My First YouTube Video
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 19, 2016 07:54 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is my very first You Tube video (posted on my Grandson's channel). Naturally it is about my love of movies [Smile] :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXk69HXOSsM

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2016 08:08 PM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful editing, Paul. These days, most montages cut too quickly and don't allow for one to enjoy the moments, but the pace you set is just right. Your juxtaposition of one image reacting to another is great fun! Thank you for sharing this.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 19, 2016 08:14 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nicely done Paul [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 19, 2016 08:40 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Terrific job! I completely agree with Paul Suchy....the pacing is perfect. Great use of Elmer Bernstein's wonderful Hollywood and the Stars theme.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2016 09:16 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Great selection across the board, and you have a good eye for cutting. Excellent! The only thing on playing it back is that I had to set the YouTube player to "1.5 times speed" to achieve natural motion, but at that pace, it runs very well

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2016 09:33 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They had faces then. Beautiful job.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 20, 2016 11:25 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have always loved that theme song! Well done, Paul!!!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2016 11:32 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very impressive. Reminded me of 'Pieces of Silver' but at a slightly slower pace. Few faces I didn't recognise. Very well done.

--------------------
Dave

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 20, 2016 12:01 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Capital!

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2016 12:16 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice!

--------------------
Tony

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2016 01:20 PM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent...Mr Adsett! [Cool]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 20, 2016 02:09 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,

It has a certain "Reflections USA" (Precious Images) quality to it as well.

-do a better job than I have: my YouTube page is 9 years old and it still has only one video on it!

I have something like 10 subscribers: they must be very patient!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2016 02:53 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi! Paul,just a single word;WODERFUL.that,s what i call,cinema.those timelesses,actors,films,and those directors,

great;

luis caramelo

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 21, 2016 09:18 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much to everyone for the very nice comments. This little video was a labor of love for me, and the hardest part was having to leave out so many other great stars of that period, because of the time constraint of the music track. But I think the length of the movie is just about right.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 21, 2016 10:20 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliantly put together Paul. Clearly a man of many talents! [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 22, 2016 11:44 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Paul, I spent a bit of time lately [Roll Eyes] getting the video to a 16:9 ratio plus a couple of scenes added. Its a great thing you-tube when I can get the hang of it [Big Grin]

https://youtu.be/xQne4ExbotA

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC