8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 300 euros more on Ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 300 euros more on Ebay
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 14, 2016 04:02 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same projector, same seller. On "vivastreet" : 500 euros, on EBay 800 euros.

http://www.vivastreet.it/usato-cd-dvd-videogiochi-libri/porto-mantovano/proiettore-fumeo-ommeo---8-mm-sono-ottico/132096371

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Proiettore-FUMEO-OMMEO-8-mm-Sonoro-ottico-Completo-Testato-Vintage-come-nuovo-/371648433152?hash=item5687f90c00:g:1aMAAOSwWF5XLb7C

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted June 14, 2016 04:57 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ebay fees are really high these days... [Wink]

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2016 01:27 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geezzz that orange really makes the projector standout!
I've never seen a projector that isn't the usual plain colour.
Oh and that seems like a VERY HIGH price???

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 15, 2016 02:39 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is regretted that the Super 8 models were actually 16mm models (with appropriate alterations.)
The manual threading is not at all easy to ensure correct picture/sound separation.

--------------------
Maurice

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2016 04:08 AM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a very early version, and mind you it is optical only. No magnetic sound here. In that respect it can be argued that the price is rather high, although I would happily pay 800€ for a Fumeo 9119.
I find the manual threading on these machines rather easy. The trick is: you have to set the correct upper loop but you don't need to make real provision for the lower loop, as that will be set by the tensioner.

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2016 01:09 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is not a super8 projector, but an optical standard 8mm (8 Mauer or Maurer), a format that was used by SanPaoloFilm in Italy in the first 70s. Roughly 80 full features were printed for it, both BW and Color (all red now) with some of them also in Cinemascope.

IMHO, the price is definetly very high, considering the format

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 17, 2016 01:37 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that information. I was wondering if there had been standard 8 optical films, I had never heard about that before, nor of another standard 8 optical projector.

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 17, 2016 02:52 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is very interesting, a standard 8 optical sound projector. A rarity, but not a lot of good to most people.
Would anybody buy it at the price?

--------------------
Maurice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 17, 2016 04:25 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I don't believe they would now in this era. Most are either faded or well on their way to fading now, so as good as these often top top titled 80's feature prints are, many are well past their best, just like the usefulness of this projector, without magnetic sound facilities.

It really is the complete wrong time frame altogether to invest in a top Super 8mm Optical Sound Projector.
20 years ago, yes...now, most definitely not imo.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 17, 2016 04:37 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew
We are talking about a standard 8 optical sound projector.

--------------------
Maurice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 17, 2016 04:38 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Even more useless then Maurice!

There was very little released on optical sound standard 8mm from what I've ever seen, and whatever there is,will be on even older film stock.

There is only one feature film I'd buy a Standard 8mm magnetic projector for, let alone an Optical one!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2016 01:15 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess there is ONE guy out there who has amassed all the Std 8 optical there was and now he will want to buy this... maybe. There were some Std 8 features like HIGH NOON and PSYCHO but I believe they must have been only magnetic surely?

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2016 01:57 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how much the current owner paid for it? It is definitely an uncommon piece of old technology with a design that sets it apart from other std 8 projectors.

Optical sound is something I find fascinating but if I were to have something like this as a conversation piece I'm sure I'd bore anybody who showed a mild interest in it to tears.

I'd also love to have a player piano because I find them fascinating in a similar way but we don't have the space and pianos are expensive to maintain. The projector would take up less room at least. [Smile]

If I had to guess, I'd say the current owner paid for too much for something they finally realized has no practical value and they're just hoping for the best. Or they picked it up thinking some collector would just have to have it.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2016 02:09 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wonder how far in advance of the picture the optical sound track was. It does look about the same as magnetic in the ebay picture, that would make a mag/optical sound projector difficult.

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2016 04:24 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, if I remember right, it's 54 (or 56) frames, basically double of the corresponding 16mm distance.
Indeed opt/mag 8mm projector were made both by Fumeo and by Microtecnica (the other firm that produced the 8mauer projectors for SanPaoloFilms), but they are quite rare comparing to the optical version.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 18, 2016 02:27 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
16mm separation is 26 frames, so I assume that standard 8 optical is 52.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC