8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Who doesn't like time travel movies?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who doesn't like time travel movies?
Ty Reynolds
Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2016 03:17 PM      Profile for Ty Reynolds   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The movie project I've been working on for the past few years is finally finished and being submitted to a few festivals. Here is the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBtmaIThMq8&feature=youtu.be

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 30, 2016 11:24 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ANY film (err, story, hee hee) that have a person inspecting a reel of film, has my vote of "yes"!

[Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 30, 2016 12:54 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like time travel stories, I simply don't have the time!

(...or DO I?) [Wink]

-I always like black and white!

It looks great, Ty!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Ty Reynolds
Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2016 05:41 PM      Profile for Ty Reynolds   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, guys, for the feedback.

Steve - maybe we need a digest version for the time-challenged?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 30, 2016 05:47 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-Actually I had time for it six months ago...

So maybe I will have (had?) gotten to it...eventually!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2016 10:26 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really admire the solid rock-steady image. I'm so tired of motion pictures and TV shows that use shaky seasick inducing handheld cameras. It's so distracting.

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2016 02:52 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great! I want to see the whole thing!

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2016 02:47 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the name Gerry Anderson turning up. Was in a homage to the producer of Thunderbirds, Stingray, UFO, Space 1999 etcetera?

Ty Reynolds
Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2016 09:57 PM      Profile for Ty Reynolds   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William - the entire movie was shot with the camera on a tripod, except for a couple of scenes in a car. No panning, no tilting, no zooming. The sense of movement comes from the cutting (we hope!).

Brian - Yes, that was a nod to that Gerry Anderson. At one point there was a passing mention of Grandma Sylvia, but that shot hit the cutting room floor.

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2016 11:40 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Cutting is what really makes a movie 'move'. Besides, in real life, we don't see the world as if we're standing on a boat in the middle of a stormy sea. I believe the deliberate hand held look grew out of documentary film making and TV news footage. Hand held was out of necessity. Since that type of footage was of real life and real events, adoption of this look in narrative film was, supposedly, to lend a sense of realism.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2016 08:32 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a great time travel movie... in ten years time!

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2016 11:45 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ty was kind enough to send me a copy, and I thought it was great! Very good story - there was a couple of times I had to think about "when" a character was. And believable too, without lots of fancy special effects.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC