8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Beatles New Release ! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Beatles New Release !
Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2016 03:35 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very positive review at RogerEbert.com, and an extremely impressive $7,000 per screen average with an opening on 82 screens this past weekend.

|  IP: Logged

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2016 05:27 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Melvin,

Your assumption would be correct in relation to Let It Be. If it does get a release it will not be the version we all know. But on a brighter note we was treated to some unseen footage (last 5 minutes) from the roof top gig which was a great finish to the film along with nice editing.

My only problem with the likes of recent releases done by Apple including The Beatles promos etc and Magical Mystery Tour which was a disaster (blowing the original 16mm master up to 35mm). They seem to screw up every release along with mastering everything in NTSC and not PAL format.

But then again we must remind ourselves at least it is official and far superior then a bootleg.

Beggars sometimes cannot be choosers.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2016 05:48 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, I agree on all points. It was a delight to see the roof top extract on the big screen in such clarity, along,of course, with the Shea Stadium treat afterwards. The whole evening was a sheer pleasure and cannot wait to see the main feature again on its blu ray release.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 30, 2016 11:00 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
November 21 is the release date for versions on DVD and Blu-ray.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beatles-Eight-Days-Touring-Years/dp/B01LTHLQ00

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC