8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Strange Laurel and Hardy cover

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange Laurel and Hardy cover
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 31, 2016 07:23 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found on EBay Germany. I don't know how to capture the picture. If someone is clever than I :-) http://www.ebay.de/itm/SUPER-8-FILM-DICK-UND-DOOF-GEHEN-FREMD-LAUREL-HARDY-60-METER-SW-TON-PICCOLO-/282038020696?hash=item41aac6aa58:g:GSoAAOSwdV1XN0wF

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2016 08:09 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hah, yes I saw that one a few weeks back. Maybe trying to get the 70's generation into old movies? [Smile]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 31, 2016 08:25 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Translating as "Unfaithful" this looks very much like "Come Clean" (1931) in which Stan and Olly stop a lady who is trying to commit suicide by jumping in a river.
The fun starts when the boys take the lady home with them and hide her in the bedroom. The boy's wives become increasingly suspicious over their behaviour.
With Mae Busch as the suicide case, Gertrude Astor as Mrs. Hardy and Linda Loredo as Mrs. Laurel.

--------------------
Maurice

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2016 10:18 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That cover is atrocious and an insult to Laurel & Hardy.
Yes it is "Come Clean".

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2016 12:48 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree David - very poor taste. Yes definitely 'Come Clean'. I've got a 16mm print.

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2016 01:24 PM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes that's come clean what a cover [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
kinema king

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 31, 2016 01:44 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart, I'm not sure my parents would have believe it was a Laurel and Hardy film in the box with a cover like that [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 02, 2016 12:00 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh! It looks like to me, that someone who basically made they're living off of "adult" suuper 8 films, moonlighted with prodicing laurel and hardy films, and used the "adult" mentality to market the Lads.

I'm sure Stan and Ollie would be just a little embarassed.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC