8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » OUT OF PRINT 35mm UK screenings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OUT OF PRINT 35mm UK screenings
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 06, 2016 09:31 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about the short notice but there are currently a small number of the first ever UK screenings of OUT OF PRINT taking place, featuring a Q&A with director Julia Marchese. 35mm screenings of a film about the importance of 35mm!

A 9pm screening in LONDON tonight, see: https://genesiscinema.co.uk/GenesisCinema.dll/WhatsOn?Film=3480988
This doesn't mention a Q&A, so check with the cinema if you want to be 100% sure.

Or if you can go to the Duke of Yorks's Cinema in BRIGHTON on Saturday afternoon, see: https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema/Duke_Of_Yorks/film/out-of-print

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2016 03:17 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds like something I definitely want to see. I discovered that there is another documentary titled "Out of Print" about the written word and its place in the digital world. I admit that this confused me at first.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 12, 2016 12:25 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the Brighton screening. An entertaining film, with pleanty of input from Joe Dante, John Landis, etc, as well as lots of people connected to the New Beverley cinema in LA. It also has a section about the Prince Charles Cinema in London.

What was sad, though, is that although Julia's great affection for the New Beverley shines through in the film, she revealed during the Q&A that she was fired in 2014! I don't know if that was the decision of current owner Tarantino; it must be a painful subject so I didn't want to ask, even though I spoke to her afterwards. I'd planned to ask if she could offer any tips with regard to finding a certain trailer on 35mm!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC