8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Derann Newletter wrapper

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann Newletter wrapper
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2016 06:17 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet a lot of us are wishing these still arrive in the post
 -
I found this in a box of old newsletters.

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 26, 2016 12:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's neat that you still have that, Brian. I think i still have a catalog laying around here somewheres. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 26, 2016 12:08 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to still be able to get one of these!

-

(The very last one: arrived August 26th, 2011)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2016 12:16 PM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i still have an unopened big reel from February 2000

--------------------
kinema king

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2016 12:41 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2016 01:11 PM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple of film lists that I occasionally look through. Still miss jumping on the phone and using the redial function till a familiar voice came on. The euphoria of actually claiming a title is remembered with pleasure to this day.

--------------------
Dave

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 27, 2016 10:02 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For us here across the Pond there was roughly a ten day wait between finding we'd bought films and having them in our mailbox.

I always enjoyed the feeling of anticipation, and just when I'd half forgotten it was on the way it was waiting for me when I got home from work.

-a little lesson in patience for an age when they're trying to deliver pizzas with drones!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC