8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Phil Sheard Email

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Phil Sheard Email
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 16, 2016 02:20 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have received an email from "Phil Sheard" inviting me to click on a very strange looking link.
Has anyone received this?
Perhaps Phil might reply on the Forum.
I did not click. I immediately deleted the email.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2016 03:18 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's a result of his email account being hacked, Maurice.

Just delete it.

I think most of us have had the same.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 16, 2016 03:30 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Rob. My memory let me down on this.

--------------------
Maurice

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2016 03:09 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only email I've had this week from Phil is one saying that updates are now on his web site (there had been a problem updating film lists). The link on that goes straight to the CHC web site.

Hove a mouse pointer over the link and if it doesn't show www.classichomecinema.co.uk/ don't click it

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 17, 2016 03:59 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here Brian and very sound advice btw!😊

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 17, 2016 05:32 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My email link (which I didn't click) had a reference to something strange which certainly seemed to have no reference to anything Classic Home Cinema.
I don't recall the exact words as I deleted it immediately, but there was nothing to indicate, as Brian mentioned, about updates on Phil's website.

--------------------
Maurice

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 17, 2016 06:32 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have also received the email as well as multiple versions coming from close friends. As Brian suggested, have your pointer hover over the link to verify its origin.
This was also a common practice from Paypal hackers over the last few years (things have been cooling doiwn on this front, though).

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 17, 2016 09:53 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've been getting E-mails like this from "Fex-Ex" the last couple of days. They say we have a package waiting there.

Just click on the zip file attachment to print a shipping label. What could be easier?

From the look of the originating E-mail address it seems Fed-Ex has relocated to China!

(-first I'm hearing of it!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC