8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Beware of yet, another buyer ....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Beware of yet, another buyer ....
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 05, 2016 11:14 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
therealdeal247354

That's the fellow ...

He bought my "Three Little Pigs" about two weeks ago, then, minutes later, asked for me to cancel the sale, which, while I didn't buy his excuse, I didn't want the item going out to someone who would probably just try to return it.

Then, yesterday, it was bought again by, you guessed it, the SAME person, and, right away, he asked for me to cancel his purchase all over again!!! In my personal opinion, this guy
is a pain. Beware.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 12:27 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately it's a buyers market and the seller suffers, Ebay are not interested with these sort of antics, to do it twice is ridiculous, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 05, 2016 12:30 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. I'm waiting to hear this persons excuse this time, but I'm definitely wondering if i can demand (I'll call ebay), to have this person buy the print? This person is obviously interested in the print in the first place. If I have to cancel it off, I'll write the person back and let them know that I'm blocking them.

--------------------

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 12:56 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a similar experience a while ago and it turned out to be a child that was the bidder. I wouldn't think they would be allowed to open their own account but probably using their parents account. Not much you can do in that situation I suppose but very annoying.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 05, 2016 03:10 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not block him? That should stop any further purchases.

--------------------
Maurice

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 04:22 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can refuse to cancel and if he does not pay you can file a claim with Ebay and he will receive a non-payer strike. Be sure to block him. Keep us informed as to what transpires.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 06, 2016 04:01 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As soon as someone on here shows a problem buyer i usually add them to my blocked list.
Osi, on this occasion it says this is an invalid user name, can you check it please? [Wink]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 06, 2016 10:04 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also tried to find this person as a buyer or a seller and received the same answer as Tom did.

--------------------
Maurice

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 07, 2016 11:37 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just sent an invoice for the item, but it ought to be interesting to see if they buy it and if not, ebay will do the thing mentioned above. We'll see, and yes, after this, this person will certainly be blocked! [Frown]

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 07, 2016 12:29 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you got the correct name, Osi? I can't seem to find anyone with this eBay name.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 08, 2016 11:47 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Folks, I got the numbers wrong on the person. the ebay identity is ...

therealdeal247365

His name is Micheal, I forget his last name, but I just blocked him minutes ago. At least I won't have a third time around silliness.

--------------------

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 08, 2016 02:39 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like this person buys 35mm to cut into film cells.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAMBI-Animation-Film-Cell-Lot-of-15-collectible-compliments-movie-dvd-poster-/322315764166?hash=item4b0b8441c6:g:MOIAAOSwMVdYGs6G

--------------------
Maurice

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 09, 2016 11:53 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that too, but he isn't going to bid on my stuff again ...

Gee, I wouldn't think that would be too lucrative, (cut up celluloid ... I wonder if it's mostly from trailers), but there are a number of people who do that, so it must make some money.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC