8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » My Latest Vimeo offering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Latest Vimeo offering
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 06, 2016 11:24 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its been interesting bringing back old home movies that I shot at work with a Bell and Howell 1230 Super 8 camera in the late 1970s, so if you are interested in aviation, you might find this of interest. Its even got "me" in it doing a very quick pre-flight....oh so long ago [Wink]

https://vimeo.com/190481498

PS...Its silent...

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 07, 2016 06:01 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is all really nice footage, Graham!

I'm thinking our old friend Kodachrome 40?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 07, 2016 09:53 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve [Smile]

I checked the edge of the film and its marked as Kodachrome KMA A6 whatever the last bit means. I only ever used Kodachrome 40 or a bit later Agfa 40 pre-striped.

I don't think the transfer to dvd was that good, certainly projecting the film looks much better. However its a bit of a record of the past. When I shot the darts being thrown scene, I came back later on in the day, and manually wound the clock to different times, then edited the film.

My boss at the time told me if I showed it to the manager he would kill me [Big Grin] as it tended to show that's all we did...which was not true, but some people might think otherwise [Smile]

My boss in the film died years ago and the young school kid leaning on the wing is now an Air New Zealand captain....how time marches on. [Smile]

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2016 12:23 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy watching it Graham. Thanks for posting. I've always had an interest in planes and flying. I admire those that pursued the dream.

If only I had twice as much time and twice as much money, I could then maybe pursue all of my interests. [Wink] But I am thankful for what I have and am able to do.

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2016 12:30 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job Graham! Nothing wrong with a good game of darts here and there [Smile]
I live super close to our local airplane museum and have brought the kids a few times..they have other neat events there too to draw crowds, like recently the exhibit of Anne Frank. They have neat flight simulations and such as well and let you get in some of the fighter jets(decommissioned of course). You would LOVE to see it i bet with your interest in these things!
http://www.warplane.com/

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 09, 2016 12:28 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tom and Mathew, I will have a look at link tonight. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC