8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Derann shop not looking much different

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann shop not looking much different
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2016 04:58 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went past 99 High St Dudley yesterday and not much had changed since the last pictures posted here.
 -

The lorry is not a builders one but the Dudley MOT centre, great weather for photos.

|  IP: Logged

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2016 06:30 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still very sad to see,nevertheless.

When I think of all the fun that went on there on open days gone by......

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 26, 2016 06:33 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Tragic. [Confused]

-

-

[IMG]http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?dir=uploads0503&file=ForumPhoto10.jpg[/IMG

-

-

-

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2016 06:43 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see the signs are still there though. I did try and get them to part with them by talking to the guy's onsite at the time, unfortunately I don't speak Arabic and they spoke no English, just hand gestures, which can mean anything. It looks like they've just moved the skips away and cleaned up.

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2016 12:26 AM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since we don't, nor never did for that matter, have anything like that in the States,it must have been a real treat visiting the Deran shop.

--------------------
Joe

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 27, 2016 03:32 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
A film factory, gone forever sadly Joe. [Frown]

Much missed.

--------------------

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2016 05:55 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew - In those corking photo's you have posted above, the one with the 8 features on the shelf, I can't make out the titles of the two on the top row to the left, and on the bottom row extreme left. Just curious to know what they were? Any ideas,please?

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2016 06:23 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Top left - is that Christopher Lee? Think I can see the two Ms of HAMMER. Then Master and Commander?

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2016 07:10 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures Brian and Andrew [Smile]

Although I never managed to visit what surely became the 'mecca' of our pastime - I used to buy regularly through their mail-order in my first incarnation as a collector in the late 70's/early 80's when I bought lots of the WB titles amongst other films. Indeed, I still have a couple of their 'lists/catalogues from back in the day! ☺

Indeed - VERY happy days!! ☺

Ali.

--------------------
We're going to need a bigger shelf!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 27, 2016 07:22 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I first returned to film in 2000/2001 I thought nobody was making new prints anymore. One day I saw a post about them on a film shooting forum and could barely believe it.

I made first contact and found out everything they sold was sound(?). I felt kind of ripped off because I didn't do sound...yet.

I tried to bargain with myself: "I'll show their prints on my Moviedeck and learn to read lips!".

-but there was that Eumig sound projector on E-bay...

Sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 27, 2016 08:19 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Stevens guess was as good as mine gents.

Definitely Master & Commander, the other I'm unsure except to say its definitely Christopher Lee in the photo on some Hammer title or another. Judging by the cape I can see, I'd say one of the Dracula films.

[ November 28, 2016, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 27, 2016 04:15 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian

Would it be ok to use your photo on my Facebook?

Graham.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2016 02:27 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, use it. My pleasure.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2016 06:06 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With sadness, fondness, and appreciation.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 28, 2016 09:18 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Brian...

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2016 10:25 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing even remotely like this place ever existed in the states. If it did, I would have made the pilgrimage to it wherever it was.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC