8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Red or fading prints. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Red or fading prints.
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 14, 2016 10:45 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good point Chip

I was thinking the same of late using it as a leader, they could also be used as practice film for sound recording before doing it on the reel thing, you could even record your own introduction with 20th Century fanfare as one example, or record a musical intro track like we used to have at the movies of long ago then da da...switch the lamp on... [Cool]

|  IP: Logged

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2016 12:37 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought THE AMAZING HOWARD HUGHES on 16mm, the mini-series with Tommy Lee Jones, fully expecting it to be faded for $50. When I screened it the first part was faded as I expected but the 2nd part was all LPP. It is only available as a 2 hour movie and not the full series.

Ronald Green
Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2016 03:03 PM      Profile for Ronald Green   Author's Homepage   Email Ronald Green       Edit/Delete Post 
I do have red prints that I use a filter. These prints are very rare to get on DVD; i.e., "The Girl In The Red Velvet Swing".
So it isn't perfect; either is life.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2016 11:06 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never would have accepted a red print of any kind from a dealer would have been sent back for refund as they are JUNK and should be binned. Like buying a car that does not go or a book with no print.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC