8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Thunderball (James Bond) co-incidence

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thunderball (James Bond) co-incidence
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2017 09:34 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching this film (off Blu ray) last night and when a hotel appeared on screen I thought it looked familiar and that I had been past it. The road name was also on shot- "Windsor End".

PM Films shop was at 39 Windsor End, Beaconsfield, no wonder it looked familiar as I had visited the shop, cycling up from Beaconsfield station (past the National Film School, previously Beaconsfield studios, past the hotel. PIty PM couldn't have released Thunderball on Super 8.

|  IP: Logged

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2017 09:39 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah ! Good old PM Films.

Now that brings back a lot of memories for me.
I still have their catalogues in my collection.

I am going to look for this scene the next time I watch Thunderball on my Blu-Ray Brian. [Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 18, 2017 01:09 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I may add a little bit of personnal trivia, the castle where the opening scene occurs is Château d'Anet, in France. This is where my mother was born, as her dad, my grand-father, was the groundskeeper.
If you watch the sequence, when Bond flies off the rooftops with his jet-pack, there's a wide shot of the exterior, where the DB5 is parked, and you can see the monumental door of the château. Flanking the gate is a small building with 4 windows. This was the family housing (see attached pic). But when the film was shot my grandfather was retired...

-

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC