8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Farewell to Mary Tyler Moore

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Farewell to Mary Tyler Moore
Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2017 05:50 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A great loss to the world of TV and entertainment .... Mary Tyler Moore gone at 80 years young :-(
I have a 16mm episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show and also a 16mm episode of The Bob Newhart Show which you would know is a MTM production.
They've both faded but I will watch them again soon as a tribute :-)
 -

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 26, 2017 02:54 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love the MTM logo with the little cat. The Mary Tyler Moore Show ran from 1970 to 1977. I have two episodes on 16mm, including the first introductory episode.

"Love Is All Around" Season 1 Episode 1 1970
"My Son, The Genius" Season 7 Episode 7 1976.

Like most shows of that time the prints have lost their colour.

--------------------
Maurice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 26, 2017 05:20 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Once again, very sad news this from yesterday. [Frown]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2017 05:34 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad. I'll have to get the 400ft of Thoroughly Modern Millie out to watch tonight.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2017 10:08 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know she did lots of things but i remember her most starring with Elvis in Change of Habit, will have to dig out my 400 footer, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 26, 2017 01:14 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought her performance in Ordinary People was stellar. It was such a drastic departure from the sweat, friendly, and bubbly characters with which we associated her. Perhaps this is why Robert Redford selected here for the part.

She will be missed.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 08:45 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mary Tyler Moore was wonderful and will be missed. We all know Laura Petrie and Mary Richards. I want to mention Thoroughly Modern Millie. A highly entertaining and funny film musical from 1967 that is so delightful (if not 100% politically correct - it was satirizing 1920's America and Hollywood's image of it). Mary was brilliant in this film. Her innocent virginal character was flawless and boy can she dance! RIP Mary. We'll miss you.

Ronald Green
Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2017 08:19 PM      Profile for Ronald Green   Author's Homepage   Email Ronald Green       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the greatest comedians and actresses of all time.
Also, I have two different prints from the Mary Tyler Moore show that are both faded, but enjoy watching over and over. Will really appreciate them more since Mary past. Could write a whole dissertation on how great Mary was and her contribution to comedy.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC