8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Our visit to New Zealand

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our visit to New Zealand
Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2017 06:44 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I will be visiting our daughter in three weeks time. She lives in Panmure, Aukland and we shall be there for a few weeks. Several members of the forum live in NZ so, is there anything we should visit on North and South Islands? My daughter works in retail and has been at the present address six months so I doubt she's over familiar with the area. Send me a PM if you have any suggestions. I'd very much appreciate them.

--------------------
Dave

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2017 07:16 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im in the South Island, I run the Geraldine Cinema in Geraldine, your most welcome to drop in.
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2017 08:25 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Patrick, Looked up your site and read the reviews. 'Sofa's that have been there for 100 years' and 'they supply granny blankets if you're cold'. Sounds absolutely wonderful. We shall certainly come and enjoy a show if things work out as planned. The place has a fascinating history. Thanks for the invitation.

--------------------
Dave

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 17, 2017 12:49 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave you are more than welcome to call in, if you are in this city [Cool] I would however suggest getting a camper for the South Island and plan a tour that way. There is a lot to see and do and a camper gives you that kind of freedom.
https://youtu.be/kD-Ml7mMXBg

[Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 17, 2017 12:51 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave you are more than welcome to call in, if you are in this city [Cool] I would however suggest getting a camper for the South Island and plan a tour that way. There is a lot to see and do and a camper gives you that kind of freedom.
https://youtu.be/kD-Ml7mMXBg

[Smile]

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2017 04:35 PM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Graham. We'll probably have use of a car but what my daughter and partner have in mind is anyone's guess. Enjoyed watching the link. The country looks absolutely fantastic.

--------------------
Dave

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2017 05:59 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave
I lived in Auckland for 9 years. If you are interested in somewhere film related, the Civic Theatre in the CBD is an excellent,restored 1920s theatre which has stunning decor and stars even light up on the ceiling as the lights fade.
I noticed they are screening Raiders of the Lost Ark with a live orchestra in mid March which would be amazing. Wish I could go!

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2017 06:39 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jonathan. That needs investigating. CBD?

--------------------
Dave

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 19, 2017 11:15 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are asking what CBD is, as far as I know CBD always stands for Central Business District, meaning City Centre.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2017 02:14 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Dave. City Centre.The theatre is easy to find.

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2017 06:00 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks both. That's a new one on me!

--------------------
Dave

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC