8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » A New Disney Film coming out!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A New Disney Film coming out!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 23, 2017 12:01 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... and now ...

Disney, once again proving that they couldn't have a single brand new idea if they're lives depended on it, bring you this new film!

(shot of "Belle" dancing about a graveyard) ...

Tale as old as time ...
I used to love a beast ...
Now I'm so lonely ...
So I dug him up ...
Beauty and the Deceased!

Yes, watch as Belle falls in love with a zombie and all the "disney-esque" fun that this allows for!

(meanwhile, "Mr. Potts' takes one look and says ... "I'm outta here!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2017 04:27 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. This latest trend by Disney really lowers my esteem for the company. Make an animated film. It's a huge success. Turn it into a Broadway show. It's a huge success. Make a live action shot for shot version of the original animated film etc. Sickening.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 26, 2017 04:31 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
To be fair though, this one does actually look quite good from what i have seen of it so far. Got some great actors in it also.

I take the point though that it does lack a lot of the imagination which made the company successful to begin with.

I can just about forgive them for this release given the fantastic storyline and the huge popularity of the original, but i agree it's time soon, to come up with a new range of classics for the future.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2017 04:44 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*SIGH* This B&B is not a "shot by shot" remake of the animated film.

It's a combined version of the animated and Broadway versions. Thus, this version will be it's own thing and not strictly one or the other.

Give it a chance, it might surprise you.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 26, 2017 05:38 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I have been quite impressed of late with Disney, there latest Jungle Book for one was very good. The grandkids thought it was great [Cool]
 -

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 27, 2017 10:59 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, something that has always surprised me, is hat Disney has had a VERY good property for an animated sequel to "Jungle Book" ...

I don't know if most pople remember, but Disney, on thier own record label, put out a 33 RPM LP entitled, "More Jungle Book". it ran about 35 or 40 minutes, and it starred the whole original cast doing thier voices ... Phil Harris, Sebastion Cabot, Louie Prima and even the voice of the Mowgli!

I'm surpised that they have never utilized this property of thiers, as they could just take the audio tracks from that story, and put out a whole animated feature, WITH THE ORIGINAL VOICE CAST!!

Both Phil Harris has some really good song work in there as well, "It's A Blue Blue Jungle" (Harris) "Take A look At Man' (Prima).

Cmon Disney, "Get with the beat!" [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC