8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » [new member] - A brief introduction.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [new member] - A brief introduction.
Berend De Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2017 02:26 PM      Profile for Berend De Meyer   Email Berend De Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

My name is Berend, I'm all new to the 8mm-to-bytes party. I joined this forum to explore all my options to produce the very best output for digitizing 120 hrs of family films - 1956/1980 - filmed in double-8mm by my father.

My ultimate goal is an output to 720p/1080p mp4, wich then will be edited and color-graded in Power Director 15.

So I hope to experience a very mean-and-lean learning curve here on the forum and to share with you my questions and of course the output of my trails-and-errors.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me!

Nice to meet you. [Cool]

Cheers

--------------------
Cheers | “I am an advocate of the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" modus operandi!”

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 07, 2017 11:12 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Berend!

just one bit O advice. Do not, in any way shape or form, either get rid, throw away or sell you're home movies after digitizing them as, DVD's can break down and be corrupted in even less than a year or two, but you're films will survive for decades to come.

and once again ... welcome! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Berend De Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2017 04:09 AM      Profile for Berend De Meyer   Email Berend De Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,

Thanks you so much for your warm welcome, appreciated!

Before and after the scan of our family 8mm archives, I will clean them, any tips how to that in the best (safe) possible manner? Do you have some info's about the best way - when scanned - to prep the films for their preservation. I was thinking of buying some cans for them. Anyway, as this 8mm film project is so new to me, I really could use some good advice.

Thanks and again and looking forward to any tips-and-tricks from any member here.

Cheers from The Netherlands [Cool]

--------------------
Cheers | “I am an advocate of the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" modus operandi!”

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 09, 2017 01:22 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Berend! The first tip I can give you is to take advantage of the search function on the Forum. Telecine and film cleaning has been discussed at length and you will most likely find several answers to your questions. You will also find different opinions and most likely will have to determine what will be the most practical for you.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Berend De Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2017 03:08 PM      Profile for Berend De Meyer   Email Berend De Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,

Thanks for your kind words and a good search won't do any harm indeed! [Wink]

Cheers

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC