8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The twists of fate ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The twists of fate ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 10, 2017 11:27 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At approximately 9:05 this morning, we crossed the 4 way street, with the legal "walk" sign (this becomes important later), to go to the CHASE bank to do our daily banking. Right after we entered the bank, (not more than 15 or 20 seconds later), a Van, running from the police, sped thru what was left of our "walk" time limit, (were fast walkers, so there was probably 5 or 10 seconds left), and got smashed into by a truck, legally coming from the other direction.

I looked out the window of the bank at where it had been hit, and the shattered glass was right where we had been walking, not a minute earlier. It just goes to show, (and I teach my kids this) that, even if you are legally walking with the "walk" sign, you have to look in all directions, but even in those circumstances, this kind of thing can happen. The two in the van were taken to the hospital.

So, we narrowly missed, potentially, being killed this morning. When i was over at the Albertsons, i toyed with looking around for a minute or two more in the store an felt the need to leave when we did. The angels were working overtime.

My wife is currently sitting next to me, not wanting to go home alone. I don't blame her. I'm slightly shakey myself, but I'm happy to be here.

OSI
[Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 10, 2017 02:13 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you and your family are all right Osi

Talk about a near miss, check this New Zealand footage out. Those warning bells were ringing for a long time and yet people kept crossing the rail line. [Eek!]

https://youtu.be/0023HNnj9Jg

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2017 08:37 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi good to read you are all okay if a bit shaken.

I always look both directions when crossing the road even if
it is okay to walk across.
I have encouraged my children and grandchildren to do the same.

Either way that was a close call man so take care.
PHEW !!!

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 11, 2017 10:05 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Life is precious and fragile.

It's right to appreciate it and not get too burdened with the trivial crap we often take on day to day.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 11, 2017 01:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're so right, Steve! [Smile]

--------------------

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2017 07:15 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you and your family are OK. I teach my kids every day is a gift from God, and not to take health, freedom, a bed to sleep in, or food to eat (etc etc) for granted!

Hope you can unwind this evening by unwinding some good film. [Wink]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 13, 2017 11:32 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually did that. I spooled up my CE3K scope feature, as it's an uplifting film. [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC