8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Its a Funny Business in the UK.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Its a Funny Business in the UK.
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 16, 2017 04:21 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi well another day goes by and another hard working person, my son gets his vehicle etc stolen. ( My sons motorcycle ).

I had to come on here and have a whine about it, as if your a decent person these days your more likely to pay than any wrong doers.

As hes youngish his high excess is likely to about what the bike will be valued at by the insurance company as a very nice order older bike ( but not a classic), but even worse if you get things back all in a state you have to pay a fee/s.

He had his previous motorcycle stolen a year ago, and although they did actually catch the thieves they decided not to charge them or take them to court ???

But they did manage to charge my son a £150 levvy on top of storage fees when his absolutely totalled bike turned up.

The storage fees were mounting up already on top of this odd levvy when he was told so he had to rush through and push it miles to a family members house, but they still charged him an extra day than they actually had it too boot.

The police tell this storage company to go and pick up the bike or car, but this mysterious £150 levy to the police is an entirely different thing. You pay the storage place and they forward the £150 to the police coffers !!! after they take thier cut.

Last year as it was absolutely destroyed and they decided to not prosecite etc I managed after a good deal of effort to get the police to drop that levy at least as my son lost his bike and had to buy another one etc etc, and went halves with him on the storage fees.

I had to argue he was the only victim in all ways, loosing everthing plus being charged all of this extra money etc. We only just swung it.

My younger son has a friend just got his motorbike back similarly totalled and had to pay storage fees and this strange levy of £150 on top too.

Apparently the word is that the police know who this group doing it at the moment are. Though I don`t know for sure and lift them up and cut the locks etc off later.

I wonder how much money is generated in the UK each year from the actual victims of vehicle crime ?

I imagine the thieves could see the baby and child seats in their car as they took the motorbike.

I often wonder what these people think of themselves as they make a cup of tea, lie in bed before they go to sleep, or sit on the loo etc !!!!

Anyway big old moan over, sorry.

Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 16, 2017 05:18 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I am very sorry to hear of your son's misfortune here Mark.
I hope he somehow manages to get back on the road soon.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC