8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Red hot riding hood

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Red hot riding hood
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2017 08:13 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
was one of our members lucky enough to grab this title?
[URL=http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-Derann-super-8-cartoon-films-8mm-/252937570234?hash=item3ae44107ba%3Ag%3AA5sAAOSwuMZZF-P-&nma=true&si=ymfKbar7IxiyslpLhxj%252BAXFbViQ%253D&orig_cvi p=tru]http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-Derann-super-8-cartoon-films-8mm-/252937570234?hash=item3ae44107ba%3Ag%3AA5sAAOSwuMZZF-P-&nma=true&si=ymfKbar7IxiyslpLhxj%252BAXFbViQ%253D&orig_cv ip=tru[/URL] e&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 15, 2017 11:09 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly a nice print of that cartoon, to be sure!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 15, 2017 02:57 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do have this and like all the Tex Avery cartoons there quality was outstanding. [Wink]

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2017 07:53 PM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have both they are both great cartoons can watch them over and over red hot riding hood if you haven't got it watch it on another format and i guarantee you will have to have it on super 8.

--------------------
kinema king

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2017 03:52 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They were great prints but it was time for them to go to a new home.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2017 06:19 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few Tex Avery cartoons on film.

I also have a much cherished 5 Disc Box Set of 'THE COMPLEAT TEX AVERY' on Laserdisc. They look very good on a large screen via
my video projection set up.

I like the MGM Tex Avery cartoons more than the Warner Brothers series but I still like those too. [Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 16, 2017 12:06 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have that collection as well, Dave! One of those situations where keeping the "old tech" around is still good thinking! [Smile]

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2017 06:10 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The original French release Tex Avery DVD Tin box set is well worth getting. There are cartoons on there by Tex that never see the light of day on any other medium and quality is stunning.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2017 04:09 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi... I agree with you on that one. "Old Tech " still has its uses and extremely valuable to a movie collector.

One example of this is the complete roadshow version of 'THE ALAMO' on Laserdisc / VHS not available on any other format
not even 70mm film.

Mike ... I have had my eye on that set on DVD for some time now.
I may buy it soon.
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 17, 2017 12:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have that one two ...

As well as the Roadshow version of "It's A Mad Mad mad mad World" and yep, on laserdisc!

... and a lot of that footage, (speaking of "Mad"), re-incorporated into the film was pretty funny, but boy, does it also show the ravages of time on old unrestored footage!

--------------------

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2017 03:39 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi ... Maybe we should open another thread to talk about this.

I have 'ITS A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD' roadshow version box set too
on Laserdisc. Did you know its now on Blu-Ray/DVD discs ?

5 disc set from Criterion. Restored 4k transfer 197 minutes.
5.1 Surround / 2.76:1 Aspect Ratio / Also has the General Release
versions too on Blu-Ray and DVD versions in the same set.

Loads of extras and a booklet. Well worth it and a must for fans.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 18, 2017 11:41 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw, "Mad" , but I think it's the theatrical release and not the roadshow version. Once I saw the Cinerama roadshow, I didn't want to see any other version.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC