8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Film title

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Film title
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 16, 2017 06:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a film yesterday (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5804038/) in which there were extracts from other films. One (American) film, from the 30's showed a lady coming at school on a rainy day and looking for her little girl to bring her rain clothes. This lady was coloured but the little girl was not so it was a surprise for the teacher and for the other kids. The lilltle girl left the class. Does anyone know the title of this film (that has probably not be exported) ?

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Kenneth Horan
Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2017 06:38 PM      Profile for Kenneth Horan   Email Kenneth Horan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The film in question is 'Imitation of Life' (Universal 1934) Directed by John M. Stahl. The woman was played by Louise Beavers and the little girl in school was played by Dorothy Black.

--------------------
Ken Horan

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 16, 2017 06:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic ! That was a very fast and complete answer ! I will try to find the film. Thank you very much, Kenneth !

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 17, 2017 02:09 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
8,66 € p & p included. Should arrive tomorrow [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2017 07:04 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 1959 versión is my favorite,its a strong drama and beautiful last song performed by Mahalia Jackson.

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2017 04:35 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jose I agree with you there the 1959 version is brilliant.
A great story covering covert racism. A very sad film and
Mahalia Jackson is superb. This is one film that does not
seem to date.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 23, 2017 05:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The film finally arrived this morning and I watched it tonight. Definitly a good film.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC