8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Thank You

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thank You
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 23, 2017 07:41 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a quick line of thanks for all of those superb collectors who I regard as personal friends nowadays, some of which are members of this forum,.. for their concerns regarding our families welfare here in Manchester.

We had a very very lucky escape thankfully, others were not so fortunate and to those families, please accept our sincere condolences on yet another extremely unbelievable and distressing time.

Our thoughts are with you all.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 23, 2017 12:29 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just shake my head in sorrow at people who can actually think that they are doing something wonderful in killing innocents and in this case, children.

My thoughts are with you!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 23, 2017 12:29 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, I'm happy you're safe, but as all normal people, I'm sad for the victims of this barbaric attack. Words are so weak in such situations...

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 23, 2017 12:35 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dominique. Not so much us but a close shave for two direct members of the family and we still thank all of our lucky stars and think only of those who find themselves surrounded by despair this very dark day here.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 23, 2017 02:19 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a live (game) programm on the main public tv channel right now and the animators and the audience are all wearing a pin's with the Union Jack (they said it was as a sign of support regarding what happened). I know that the Eiffel Tower is without lights tonight. Belgian television also commented extensively this disatser and many people expressed how sorry they are. That will of course not help those who lost someone yesterday but at least you know not only the UK is concerned.

--------------------
Dominique

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2017 06:32 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just noticed this post Andrew.
I was glad to read that members of your close family are safe.

Its times such as these when you realise our life on a daily
basis can rest on a razor's edge sometimes.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 29, 2017 06:54 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed David, and thank you.

--------------------

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2017 07:01 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit i was a bit shocked when i read this post
Andrew.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 29, 2017 07:05 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
**** happens unfortunately David!
Our family were the lucky ones out of all this.
I am very conscious of this fact and I believe we have seen the true spirit of our city in the days that came afterwards.

[ July 04, 2018, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 29, 2017 09:47 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad to hear about the situation in Manchester. But had no idea you were so close to the fire so to speak. I'm so very relieved to hear that you and your loved ones are safe and sound.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 29, 2017 09:53 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No Alan sorry, we were not particularly close to what happened but we did, like many others, have family members in attendance there that night.

Thanks Alan. [Wink]

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 29, 2017 10:08 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had family members in attendance that is what I call close. Too close for comfort as they say. 🙏🏼

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2017 05:50 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very glad to hear your family is safe Andrew!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 04, 2017 04:37 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
A huge thank you to Ariana, Will.I.Am,Miley Cyrus, Bieber and everyone else this evening, American or otherwise, for supporting and doing our great great city proud this evening.

God Bless you 23 year old Ariana.
You are a very brave young lady who did yourself and our great great city very very proud this evening!

Mmmwah

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 04, 2017 10:52 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yet no one adds anything to this, the most important of threads I notice!!!

Typical!!!

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 07, 2017 11:05 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am appalled that I missed this topic or did not grasp what the subject actually was. I apologize for coming to this so late. Andrew and his family are indeed very fortunate that they weren't harmed in this awful attack. As mentioned, the One Love Manchester benefit concert was an amazing event to behold.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC