8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Suzi Quatro now 67yrs old

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Suzi Quatro now 67yrs old
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 03, 2017 11:38 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who out there remembers her hit record in 1973 "Can the Can"? I can [Wink]

https://youtu.be/vLBa0kF3M_A

Now jump forward to 2015 at the age of 65 years old...still going ....amazing [Cool] what a lady [Wink]

https://youtu.be/-JhjAreMKfU

-

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 04, 2017 05:25 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing world the internet [Big Grin] my niece in Fort William in Scotland replied to me that she is going to Suzi Quatro concert in October. Fiona was only around 5 yrs old when Can the Can was in the charts. It looks like Suzi had a whole new generation of fans out there. [Wink] ...I am 65 and Suzi 67...she has amazing energy...I wish I did.. [Smile] ...those were the days I must find that old LP I have..neat cover to.. [Cool] ...
 -

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2017 05:59 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

I remember Suzi in 1973 Can the Can and that black leather jumpsuit huba huba 😜😜

Mike

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 05, 2017 12:11 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A number of comments in this controversial Suzi Quatro thread have been deleted.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2017 12:35 AM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Suzie Quatro in 1975 when she opened for Alice Copper's Welcome To My Nightmare concert. I was so impressed by her that I bought one of her albums. The album disappointed me because it wasn't as intense as her live show. It seemed to be watered down because many of the tracks included a horn section, as opposed to her live show that had just her, a guitar player and a drummer IMHO.

--------------------
Joe

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 06, 2017 03:37 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After a search yesterday I found her old album and played it called "The Suzi Quatro Story"...Golden Hits from 1975 [Roll Eyes] '

I nearly threw all those old LPs out a few years back, glad I didn't. The reason I brought up this topic in the first place, was a Glasgow Facebook page this week, who did a feature of her visit to Glasgow in 1972 as it was her birthday now aged 67.

I had not heard of her for many many years, so through the wonders of the internet did a bit of checking. To my surprise she was still going strong and doing very well. She was born in 1950 and me 1952 so she was of my era. Also to my surprise her records did better in Europe Australia/NZ than in her own home country the US. When I came to NZ in 1973, the disco on the ship played Can the Can just about every night for close to five weeks [Smile] ....so you never forget [Smile] It was also interesting to note that she had appeared in British television such as Minder and Absolutely Fabulous..

Anyway its great that she has found a much younger audience like my niece, who along with her friends are going to her concert in October. Watching that last you-tube video from Suzi in 2015 that I linked to this topic, I am sure that she will have a great time [Cool]

Last night....
 -

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2017 04:35 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe she was launched by a British promoter (Mickey Most?). That might account for her greater UK/European success.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2017 05:36 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....and having Nikki Chinn and Mike Chapman as your song writers would also have helped.They being the Stock Aitken and Waterman of the 1970's.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 07, 2017 11:40 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My vote for the best Lady rocker ever ... Joan Jett! here she is from 2013, still hot, and still rockin hard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYA8InPpUl4

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC