8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Adam West dies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adam West dies
Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2017 01:13 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard earlier today that Adam West has died aged 88, I have very fond memories of the Batman series when I was a kid, recently he made a name in the Family Guy programme doing voices on it, opening up to a whole new audience, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2017 03:05 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also saw him playing himself in a series 9 episode of The Big Bang Theory. I have just finished watching the Blu Ray of the Batman series.

Very sad, but 88 is not a bad age.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 10, 2017 04:17 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a shame, loved his Batman, we have the Indi 8 advert reel which includes an ad for the 1966 Batman film video release.
Wouldn't mind an episode of Batman on 16mm. Dave????

Last year the ITV programme through the Keyhole, (Kieth Lemon), did indeed do Adam West's home in Los Angeles.I thought when he was on the programme via satellite link that for his age he looked really well and was very funny on the programme.
How things can change in one year [Frown]

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2017 09:21 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I was under the impression he was fairly healthy. I guess the Leukemia did him in fairly quickly, - which I suppose it would given his age.

My mother was very healthy until she reached 70, then had a back injury that was brought on by Osteoporosis. From that point on her health declined until she died at 80.

Given the choice, I much rather go the way he did even if I don't last quite as long. A fruitful life almost to the end.

I heard a story about him on the radio today. Like so many actors with an iconic television series, he had difficulty finding roles after it was over because he couldn't escape being Batman. For awhile he resented it but later embraced it. "How many people get to be loved for creating a character who will likely outlive them? It's a wonderful thing."

The last time I saw an episode was only a few months ago. They were playing on it a large screen TV in a college bookstore on a campus my son was touring in San Diego. Very different of course than the Batman movies he's seen. [Wink]

Then of course my favorite Batman story:

A friend of mine's young nephew made 3 New Year's resolutions last December and wrote them down:

1. Be nicer to my brother.
2. Do my chores
3. Batman

Yes, Batman lives on !

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC