8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » New PC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New PC
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2017 01:52 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had to buy a new PC as our last one, which admitedly was 9 years old, had developed a niggling fault, so we bought a package with a new HP PC, HD monitor, Keyboard & Mouse, and even a scanner/printer included (not used as I have a better model). I knew I'd have hours of re-loading in my bits and pieces, but what I wasn't expecting was the time it took for all the Windows 10 updates to go in. We started at 8.30 a.m., and I started putting in my own things at 4 in the afternoon, roughly 7 1/2 Hours, I said to my brother that it may take a while, as you don't know how long the new PC has been on the shelf, but 7 1/2 Hours, come on, even if it only had a very basic Windows 10 pre-loaded, it surely shouldn't have been that long. I'm up and running, with most things back in place, but yesterday was a VERY LONG DAY indeed.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 06, 2017 02:12 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My new Windows 10 took about four hours to finally settle down and be usable.
Once in use you will get updates every week or so, some quite quick, but others taking much longer. However, it does mean that the computer is always up to date.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC