8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » OSI Offer an apology ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OSI Offer an apology ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 19, 2017 10:48 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Folks ...

It's not often that i am wrong about an ebay seller, when a sale goes wrong, but I am this time around and I'll explain ...

A while back I bought two Laurel and hardy features ...

Our Relation
Way out West

from ebay seller "VETOFILM". After having bought them, the sller said he couldn't find them, which i found strange at the time, my thinking being, if you list something and describe it, which he did, you obviously have it close at hand, but he claimed that he couldn't find it, and so he refunded my paypal.

I came on here "bellowing" about the purchase and saying that folks might want to avoid "VETOFILM" ... this was back in march of this year ...

Just two days ago, i recived a most unexpected letter in the mail, (not a message thru ebay). it was a letter from VETOFILM himself, stating that he had found the two feature films. they had been in the wrong cannisters and he was willing to either sell them on ebay or by direct sale, (he prefers a direct sale, as that costs both himself and I less; him, less ebay fees and myself, i save a tad bit as well).

So, I'll mail off a money order to him by private sale, which i don't mind doing. he didn't have to even contact me after all this time and he did. he even kept my mailing address. Besides, I have my reciept from the money order in case anything goes wrong. oh, and he was selling me the films at the low price that he offered them to me originally.

He had his phone number in the letter, so, i called him and thanked him and yes i would buy them,. but also apologized to him as I mis-judged the fellow, and he was quite cordial as well, though he didn't really have to apologize for anything ...

Therefore ...

I just wish everyone to know that any statements concerning a lack of honesty on the part of ebay seller "VETOFILM" was dead wrong and I apologize for doing so.

OSI [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 19, 2017 01:48 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good on you, Osi. [Smile]

--------------------
Maurice

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2017 02:04 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I had known of your concern I would have put your mind at rest, because I have bought from Veto S. / Vetofilm for over 20 yrs. Veto is the most pleasant and honest film dealer that I have bought films from, and he will answer any question without hesitation.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 21, 2017 11:42 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My only slight problem with the fellow right now is that he is an incredibly fast talker and I can't get a word in edge-wise, (and, for anybody who knows me, THAT is a feat in and of itself!)
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2017 01:42 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've done a lot of business with Veto before the computer age, and when I notice an online item, he's still good on taking phone calls.

Although he sounds hasty, he's appreciative, remembers you as a customer, but will never "fast talk" you.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 23, 2017 12:57 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...in the good old SUMMERtime...Shorty

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2017 01:22 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Takes a Big man to admit he is wrong and apologise, but it gains respect and is good for the soul. Well done Osi.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC