8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Trouble with Private Messaging?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trouble with Private Messaging?
Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2017 08:03 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just started noticing lately that some of my PM's are not being read or answered.
I never notice this before but i have over 6 messages in my box that say 'unread', yet it is so strange because other pm's to the same people were answered.

An example of this is to Ian O'reilly, Steve Klare, Joe Caruso, and many others i have that say unread??? Some say read as well but more unread...

i get no message saying my box is full nor has anyone told me that it is full, so i am puzzled what has happened.

Also, with Ian for example, i also because of this issue replied to a thread to tell him i PM'ed him to check if i was having an issue with PM... NO RESPONSE:
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=006757

No response to PM, No response to public thread.
Something is wrong. These folks have never not read my PM's before ,so it is definitely something with the settings on my account i feel
Thanx in advance for any insight,
Matt

[ August 24, 2017, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Mathew James ]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 24, 2017 11:02 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Matt,

Very often people receive E-mail notifications that a PM is in their inbox. It also contains what the message content was, so they can read it and still have it show up as "unread" to the sender.

Have you sent me anything recently? I'm not seeing it.

[ August 24, 2017, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2017 12:54 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx very much for confirming this Steve! I didn't realize they could be read without being opened.
I haven't PM'ed you as of late, no worries...I am just using examples of those in my box that show unread. Actually, i made a mistake with your name, it was Bill Vendesi underneath yours that was unread. Some of these go back...i was just curious why recently i haven't had any pm replies or read it seemed.

Cheers all.

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC