8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Hurricane Irma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hurricane Irma
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 13, 2017 09:02 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well we got through another hurricane, this time the monster Irma which was the largest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic basin. First it was going east of Cape Canaveral, then it was going west over Tampa, and finally it decides to come up through the center of the state 30 miles east of Orlando. We had 12 hours of nerve wracking winds of 90mph and torrential rain. Trees down, roofs off, and power off in 70% of the state. The great thing is that there is no great loss of life. My house came through unscathed except for downe'd fencing, a welcome relief after hurricane Charley in 2004 which caused $58,000 of damage - but which also spawned my home cinema room! [Smile] Our power is going to be off at least a week, so my film collection is being exposed to 90f temperatures and 90% humidity, which is hardly good and which may accelerate color fade. Projectors of course will be fine. I do hope Alan Gouger is OK in Tampa - incredibly Irma drained the whole of Tampa Bay [Eek!] .

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 13, 2017 09:27 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I am really pleased you remain relatively unscathed by recent catastrophic natural events Paul.

A broken fence, film temporarily kept in less than ideal conditions we can live with, loss of life or serious injury,we cannot.

I hope and pray Alan is similarly ok also Paul and great at least for now, to hear you and your family are all ok Paul.

Take care and stay safe. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 13, 2017 12:50 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,

We've been thinking of you both these last few days. It's good to know you've come through it with your masts still pointed skyward!

We cut the most threatening tree in the yard down last month: we shouldn't see another hurricane for years! (-although that new snowblower didn't prevent a blizzard last year.)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 13, 2017 01:41 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul

We had been watching it on the news and were thinking about you...glad you are ok

Regards Graham.

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2017 04:09 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
very pleased you are ok Paul.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 16, 2017 09:42 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still no power!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC