8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Blackpool
Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2017 10:30 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just booked Blackpool at the Hilton great value dinner bed and breakfast.spoil yourself ring Julie Vincent on 01253 627977.this is not an advert the more the merrier.would miss Blackpool for the world ask my x wife [Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

--------------------
kinema king

|  IP: Logged

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2017 12:57 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be. there with my good lady on the Friday early evening .

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2017 04:18 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes anyone who will be there Friday night are in for a treat
don't miss it

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2017 04:54 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
only 61 days 13 hours 7 minuets to go a very merry Blackpool and a happy new farnworth [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
kinema king

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2017 08:55 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't miss it either see you at auction simon.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2017 10:53 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nigel,

will you have any 16mm features for me ?

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2017 11:02 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
david skillen pm sent ,thanks

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2017 02:30 PM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi yes Nigel handbags at dawn [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
kinema king

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2017 03:35 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ged Jones (Ex-Derann films director) has posted on Facebook that he will be visiting the Blackpool convention this year. He says he still tires easily after his illness and treatment.

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2017 02:21 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To Dominique De Bast,
Hello Dominique are you planning to come to the Blackpool Convention
this year,if you are and would like to come to the convention dinner on the Saturday night again just send a reply here and I will book you a place again with pleasure..
Dave...

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 15, 2017 02:47 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, I enjoyed so much last year's edition that I will come back 😀 Thanks a lot.

--------------------
Dominique

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2017 04:06 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique was good seeing you today see you at Blackpool

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 15, 2017 06:04 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nigel, the pleasure was shared. I understood that you would Côme at Croxley next Sunday. If so, see you there then.

--------------------
Dominique

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2017 04:43 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good news Dominique that you will be atteneding again this year from oversea when some people cant make it 10 miles well its there loss

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2017 04:46 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dominique, will be good to see you again, same time,same place, [Smile] , Del.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2017 09:56 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just in case anyone is planning to travel by train to Blackpool and doesn't know. These is a bus replacement service only running from 11th Nov due to work on electrifying the route.
New timetable and details of this available here:- https://be803fe5c416e39d38a e-aa21086260d3bd4e072d597fe09c2e80.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/images/timetables/2017-10/week-30/Preston-Blackpool-TT-13-mk2.pdf

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 16, 2017 03:24 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SEnd pictures, let us know how you chaps make out - Cheers, Shorty

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2017 06:22 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping to attend, but it's the same weekend as my 10yr wedding anniversary. But, my wife has given me the go ahead to go next year!!

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2017 03:46 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Michael bring the wife with you and live the dream

Richard Horton-Bradley
Junior

- posted October 18, 2017 08:44 AM      Profile for Richard Horton-Bradley   Email Richard Horton-Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happens in Blackpool then? Feel like i'm about to get flamed for asking.... [Wink]

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2017 02:07 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happens in Blackpool Richard.. well the best film collectors week-end that's what.This years week -end Nov.17th to Nov.19th starts on the Friday Nov.17th at one of Blackpool's best Hotels the 4 star Hilton hotel, Friday night approx 8pm-8.30pm A film show is held in one of the hotels function rooms various types of films are shown cartoons shorts,
could even be a feature film,presented on Super 8 and or 16mm by fellow collectors, ALL are welcome and it's Free Just turn up at the Hilton at the above time and ask at the reception desk and they will direct you to the function room being used for the show.

Saturday night and it's the famous Film Convention Dinner this year it's the 32nd year again it's held at the Hilton Hotel 7.30pm for 8pm
a n excellent three course dinner followed my coffee and mints
during the meal the infamous film quiz takes place with a nice prize for the winner,then the prize raffle takes place with at least 20 prizes up for grabs with something for everyone. Then the evening concludes with a film show, this year compiled and presented by Mr.super 8 non other than Keith Wilton. The cost for the dinner etc. is a modest £20. good value for a four star hotel..For more information and dinner bookings contact Adrian Winchester on Tel No.
020 8656 0168 or e-mail: adrianw_8-16@tiscali.co.uk

Sunday and its the film convention again at the Hilton Hotel starts
10am many film dvd and film related dealers will be there,also film shows are presented and of course the famous Blackpool auction and bring and buy stall. Still only £6 admission for the whole day
For more information contact David Guest Tel.No.07931 926550

Any one who has been always comes back year after year.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2017 03:59 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well done david for explaining it in fine detail .there will be a feature film shown on Friday night in scope and on a 12ft screen every one welcome

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 18, 2017 04:14 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I highly recommend to attend this event if you can.

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 18, 2017 04:50 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds absolutely fabulous, wish I could be there.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Richard Horton-Bradley
Junior

- posted October 19, 2017 03:10 AM      Profile for Richard Horton-Bradley   Email Richard Horton-Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@DW thanks for the indepth explanation of the event. If I can get into this projection scene, it sounds like the event to be at [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC