8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Blackpool
David Watson
Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2017 04:03 AM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David (Skillern), it was good to meet you at Blackpool also and I am glad you enjoyed the dinner and convention, I see you have already booked for next year proof, to others what a good week-end it is and once someone has experienced it they always what to come again

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2017 07:18 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine True Lies was cancelled as the lab sound problems are not yet fixed, nothing was shown in its place just the 'scope trailer the promo for The Passage and start of a Bond movie that were the other part of the programme.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 26, 2017 09:23 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another memorable weekend and great to see numbers rising. I was told there will be a larger contingent from Norway next year and others have said that 2018 will be the year they finally attend, so resisting the appeal of this event seems increasingly difficult. We even now see the famous illuminations turned back on during the Friday and Saturday evenings, which is a bonus for those us who year after year saw the illuminations still in position, but always switched off!

It's always a pleasure to see fellow forum members, and thanks for the feedback concerning the dinner, which seemed to go down exceptionally well. If anyone who missed it would, just for fun, like to have a go at the quiz (15 questions), let me know and I'll post it in another thread.

Amazing to see that David (Skillern) has already booked for 2018, which must be a record! Are the Hilton already accepting bookings at the special Film Fair rate?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2017 02:48 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello David,

Nice to see you briefly in Blackpool - what a brilliant day, you deserve a medal for all your organisation!

I’m still looking for ‘It’s a Wonderful World’ with Ted Heath’s band from 50’s - I know you’ve bought some new collections recently and just wondered if it happened to be in any of those by any chance?

Thanks again for organising such a fantastic event - I’m sorry I could only be there for a couple of hours due to work. I was very touched by the two minutes silence you did too - I didn’t know the people but you’re a gentleman for doing something like that.

Cheers David

All the best

Andy

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 29, 2017 08:18 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy(?),

You've posted here using David Guest's log in. Could you please explain this?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2017 11:30 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I posted andy comments on the forum it was an email he sent me, so I thought it would be nice to read his very nice comments

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 01, 2017 12:40 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Thanks for the explanation!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 14, 2017 12:53 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When is this much anticipated video coming out on you-tube? [Smile]

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 05:13 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it will be released (for £££'s not free though) in time for the 'one-day-if-you-believe-it' release of these films David never comments on:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011811#000003

Kevin

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 06:28 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re filming at blackpool this was done by a bunch of 10 students and they all did their own filming and its all got to be edited which all takes time in doing so .there will be a sample on you tube and pictures as well but it down to the people who filmed it for me to do it .I asked loads of forum members to do it for me but no one would .so just all be patient and it will be on soon I will put it on this forum with a link to it when its ready
re super 8 films which kevin keeps having a dig at I still have them all but just not got the time to sort them out yet if you want them all kevin come with 10 grand and you can have all the lot and buy them like I bought them without viewing any all top titles .I am a bit disappointed with you kevin that you keep having a go at me after all the top cartoons and fetures I have sold you at bargain prices might be best to by of paul foster

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 14, 2017 06:42 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 07:02 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there are always lots of films to be had on all gauges in fact you would find it very hard to find somewere where there would be that many films on offer in one place

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 07:07 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely reply David, indeed I am surprised at you in this instance too - my reason for asking for a simple reply to where the '500 super 8 films etc' went to is, if you read your original post, you implied they would be there for Super 8 collectors who went to the recent Blackpool event, not the next one. All you had to do was add a message earlier to say they would not be available this time but of course this would not have had the desired effect to get more Super 8 collectors to attend.

I'm not buying many films anymore David, I have all I want and more than I know what to do with - in fact over the coming months / years you will see me listing about 50% of my collection on here and Ebay as I don't want to have to move them when, as planned, my wife and I move to a smaller house or bungalow as we get older.

Re: the cartoons and films I have purchased from you in the past - thousands of pounds in custom from me over the years -
thank you sincerely I have enjoyed all of them but not so sure about the bargain prices - hope you enjoyed the nice profit you made on the top notch projectors you had from me by the way.

Final note - I will buy films from those who treat me with equal respect so yes Ian at Perry's and Paul Foster will be in there if I ever buy more films, no Classic due to their poor customer service and hopeless communications, and I guess, not from you now as you have shown your true colours in your reply here.

Kevin

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 07:26 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if I would have the time to screen any before blackpool then I would have took some but they all needed to be checked like all the films I sell .re super 8 films classic home cinema had more than enough films for sale to please any super 8 collecter and top titles to .merry Christmas and all the best in the new year kevin and good luck luck with you move

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 07:34 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to you and your family too David, no move planned for us just yet but most likely we will in time buy a plot and build our own house (bungalow ideally) which can be more cost effective in this area with the bonkers UK house price situation. Just need to sell a few shed loads of films first.....

Kevin

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 07:49 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will sell you my place sits in 3 acres with loads of outbuildings and planning for 2 bungalows and will leave you one building set up with films and a projector thrown in 1.3 million

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 10:05 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a bargain David just unfortunate you are 300 miles farther North than we would want to move. Mrs Clark would like something smaller really so a maximum of 2 acres would be fine.

Kevin

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC