8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Our thoughts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our thoughts
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 03, 2017 02:18 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Our thoughts this morning here in the UK go out to all those people who tragically lost their lives or have been injured by the atrocities in Vegas.

We ourselves, have experienced a similar act of madness in recent times and the effects acts like these leave behind for everyone are both tragic and life-changing for all those involved or involved by association.

somehow, let peace be with you all at this terrible time and our nation's are as one in their attempts to try to make any kind of sense of incidents like these and work out any kind of a solution of what we can all do to prevent such atrocities in future , involving innocent people simply going about their lives, only to be confronted by acts such as these.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 03, 2017 08:54 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very moving post, Andrew. "Act of madness" is the perfect phrase.

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 04, 2017 12:28 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So tragic for all those involed. I notice he turned a semi-automatic into a automatic weapon that can fire nine rounds a second, totally lethal in the wrong hands.....terrible.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2017 01:37 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The real madness is that this could inspire copycat incidents and with no gun restrictions in the US it could easily happen again.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 04, 2017 11:36 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you Andrew in all points except one.

This wasn't an act of madness. Many would say, if this was an act of madness, "Oh, well, we can have compassion for a person who wasn't in they're right mind, if they were in they're right mind, they would have never done this."

This person who I will not call what I want to (due to the forum's good obscenity rules), planned this out meticulously ahead of time, specifically buying rifles from many sources and many states to throw off suspicion, bought specific attachments for the rifles for maximum fast paced shooting, had cameras all around his hotel room to watch for any approach of police and specifically had so many rifles so that he wouldn't even have to reload, he'd just toss one down and then immediately start shooting again with another completely full rifle. Completely done for maximum killing

... and then the coward took his own life so he wouldn't have to answer for his hideous crime.

This was not an act of madness. May the "person" rot in hell.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Christian Romero
Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2017 10:19 PM      Profile for Christian Romero   Email Christian Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The real madness is that this could inspire copycat incidents and with no gun restrictions in the US it could easily happen again.
You know what we have restrictions on, over here? Mass shootings. It's so weird. It's almost like laws only stop law abiding citizens.

I thought we were supposed to keep politics and religion out of this forum.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 05, 2017 10:37 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen any real politics actually discussed in this series of posts, (that is, of any specific political party), but I would agree, lets's completely leave politics out of it.

... or, actually, would we be giving this evil person more attention than he seserves by continuing this series of posts?

I leave that to our illustrious Brad and Doug.

[Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 05, 2017 12:21 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pray - First and foremost - Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC