8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Tom Petty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tom Petty
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 03, 2017 11:50 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it is with great sadness that i have to report that Tom Petty, musician and writer of incredibly great songs, has died of a heart attack, at 66 years of age.

I have four bands/artists that have formed what I consider my own personal style as a recording artist ...

Beatles
ELO
Tom Petty
Cheap trick

Tom Petty, even when writing about what would seem depressing, always have a very good sense of how to write an excellent and memorable song, and his 40 years of material shows just how great his stuff was. He was never hard rock per se, more pop/rock with a touch of protest/folksy to it, everything from "American Girl" to "The Last DJ".

Tom will certainly be missed by myself (and of course, millions of other fans worldwide), and we will be watching one of his live concerts tonight in tribute.

As for all of us, here is one among many of his great songs ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfS6Nl962Qg

Rest In Peace, of great songs-smith!

P.S. sadly, the audio isn't too hot on that video.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2017 12:17 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and in the Travelling Wiberries - brilliant! His music will live on.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC