8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » "Alien Covenant" blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Alien Covenant" blu-ray
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 10, 2017 11:08 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched this movie about a month ago, both picture and sound was very good and does follow on from Prometheus.

Always keen on Alien films and thought those last two were pretty good, until this happened [Roll Eyes]

Covenant is bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world. When they uncover a threat beyond their imagination.....

Well folks so far so good...the planet.
 -
Still with me....right lets go and visit this new world...
 -
coming through the atmosphere....so far so good...
 -
Right guns at the ready folks just in case...but wait...

As I was watching this scene I went NOOOOO in horror, it cant be, it is. Its Milford Sound here in the South Island...a tourist spot. NOOOOOO I said again in horror...Ridley what have you done? just out of frame in the last photo, is the lodge and runway, to the right tourist boats come and go all the time.

Honest folks, there aint any Aliens in Milford, just large sand flies. I still enjoyed watching the movie, however it felt almost as bad as watching Bullitt and counting the number of times Steve McQueen passes the same green VW in that car chase.

Its funny to watch Covenant and think.. been there...
 -

|  IP: Logged

Christian Romero
Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2017 12:05 AM      Profile for Christian Romero   Email Christian Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And how many hubcaps were lost in that car chase, again? ;-)

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 11, 2017 12:06 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It WAS good, but I think that even in the capable hands of the series original director, (Ridley Scott), the series has seen "better days".

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2017 11:15 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Super 8 print of ALIENS and I have both Alien films on blu-ray. Still waiting for a third one to be made. If they did make a third one it would have to be really good to match the first two... Too bad Ridley Scott is too old to make movies because he might make a good one. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC