8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Talking Pictures Freview Update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Talking Pictures Freview Update
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 30, 2017 08:21 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From today Talking Pictures TV will be available on Freeview NATIONWIDE to 90% of the UK. If you can currently watch the Yesterday Channel no.19 or the Home Channel on no.25 you will be able to receive Talking Pictures TV with no need for any special TV or HD box equipment .

They will still be on Channel 81 but now the channel will be available into 10 million more homes.

Note that a retune of your equipment is necessary.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/11/talking-pictures-tv-to-reach-more.html

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2017 03:44 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The HD box I have re-tuned by itself, the TV with an SD only tuner needed a manual re-tune. Now I don't need the box on for TPTV.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 01, 2017 10:44 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must stress that it is now not necessary to have HD equipment to receive Talking Pictures TV.
Most Freeview receivers should now be able to access Channel 81.
However, a re-tune may be needed if you don't see it in your channel list.

--------------------
Maurice

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2017 05:57 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was great news for me. At long last I can now watch this channel.

I have had it on for the past couple of days now and its brilliant to see those long forgotten British and American films you no longer see these days on other channels.

I really like those shorts and fillers they show plus the original trailers with that vintage Standard 8mm Projector
supposed to be projecting them.
Also the way they use the theme from the film The Glass Mountain.

Those Castle films are great. I just watched The Night Before Christmas which seemed to be a 16mm sound print.

GREAT STUFF !

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 04, 2017 02:24 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's amazing how well the old films have obviously been stored all these years. Some have a poor sound-track, but visually they are OK, even some of the old colour films have held their colour.

--------------------
Maurice

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2017 08:14 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice I was surprised how good some of those vintage films looked too. I like the fact some of them have not been digitally remastered. Its good to see those reel changeover cues still intact and even a wee bit of wear at the start and end of reels. It is a truly great channel for me and not even a Stereo sound print to be heard. Good old mono is fine by me.
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC