8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Santa Claus The Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Santa Claus The Movie
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 04, 2017 11:33 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With Christmas coming up quickly, I was listining to this old old LP of the movie last night. "Santa Claus The Movie" was released in 1985 and I understand back then did not do well, however as time has past its popularity seems to have increased, which I think is nice, something you find with some films from the past.

Of all the Santa Claus films made, for me and Yvonne this one was our favorite. I always thought it was pretty good, just a nice Christmas film for all to watch.

Its been out on dvd for a while we now, have a copy on blu-ray projected on the VP its certainly full of color.

The music is by Henry Mancini, and one of the highlights on the LP is "It's Christmas All Over The World" performed by Sheena Easton [Cool]
 -
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2017 11:48 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,

I recently acquired this on 16mm at the recent Blackpool Film Convention - I screened it on Saturday night and what a print - very pleased with the overall quality.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 04, 2017 12:56 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent David [Cool] any chance it was in Scope [Smile]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2017 01:07 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
was it dear

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2017 01:55 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,

its flat - but in excellent condition and very watchable with vibrant colours. And no Mr Guest it was actually very reasonable .

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 04, 2017 08:10 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to hear David.. I myself would have no hesitation in buying a good color 16mm flat print of that film. [Cool] [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC