8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Banning Certain Sellers Here

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Banning Certain Sellers Here
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2017 07:31 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are some sellers here that are totally honest and some who are clearly pushing the boundaries of decency. Ask Tom Photiou who is currently experiencing refund issues; I feel for him in this case. Some sellers would not get away with this on EBay so why is it allowed here?

|  IP: Logged

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2017 07:52 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon I agree we should name and shame dodgy sellers anywhere.

I hope Tom can get his refund issue resolved sooner rather than later.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 05, 2017 03:39 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before you light up your torches, Tom has received his refund.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 06, 2017 04:55 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`d like to explain myself here regarding Toms refund that was never in any doubt. And he has been very kind etc too.

I`ve been going through a terrible run of bad luck cine equipment wise, bits here and also bought etc. One thing after another.

If it wasn`t for the kindness and support of a couple of people on here and another good friend I really would of chucked the lot and gone entirely LCD.

But I love the daft hobby so much and the forum and contacts etc, and I`m the first to admit I have a pretty poor quality of life without it ( be 20 years next year since I managed to have a meal out and never be able to do that or similar again sadly.)

Also since my stroke I get in to small panics etc more easily when disaster strike`s or I forget and loose things etc etc, Also hands up I am also very slow getting to the Post office etc sometimes when underpressure too.

But I`m 99% sure I`ve never caused anyone to loose any money I hope, where as I have lost a fortune over the years ( some recently too ) on bad cine deals etc, many knowing all too well what they were doing etc.

I asked Tom if he would be OK if I kept the lens as I only have the one but would still be OK sending it once I got organised if he did want or need it.

He very kindly just asked for a refund. Which I did and also offered to still send the lens if needed then too.

My eldest son has moved locally now, though super busy with the move etc, his help will hopefully speed me up and help me etc.

So apologies to anyone regarding any delays etc, I do get there and mean the best but sorry when I mess up etc.

Best Mark.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2017 04:58 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug that's good news for Tom.

I will tell the angry mob of villagers extinguish their torches
as there is now no need to attack Doctor Frankenstein's Castle.
Hahahaha ! [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

Mark I hope your health and other personal problems are resolved in the near future. Take Care. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2017 04:15 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I’m the same. I took up tight rope walking and once fell over 100’ but made a good recovery. It was the screams of the crowd that kept me going but I’ve never been the same since. I too enjoy the filmie feel of film which keeps us all going. Minty equipment is hard to come by but after my Grandma died in ‘84 I decided never to give the hobby up. I’ve had some good filmie deals here and other equipmenty stuff too. Projectory and cameray wise, I’m looking forward to Blackpool 2019 for a good dealy type deal.

[ December 07, 2017, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Simon McConway ]

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2017 08:20 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon
That's nothing! I tried to take up tap dancing but I kept falling in the sink. So I said to the wife that I wanted to get on the telly, but she said ' don't you dare - you'll break it ' Then again I always wanted to be a doctor- but I didn't have the patience!
I love Tommy Cooper don't you? [Big Grin]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 07, 2017 10:03 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry,
Funny you should mention Tommy Cooper. Only yesterday I was chatting to a friend of mine, who happens to be a magician, and I asked him if he had ever heard of Tommy Cooper. He said that he certainly had, and that Tommy was an iconic figure among his magician friends here in the USA, not only as a magician but also as a brilliant comedian. I think Tommy made several appearances on the Ed Sullivan show in the early 1960's.
Myself, I have only to take one look at Tommy walking on stage to start cracking up. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2017 11:21 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul
Yes that was his trademark. He didn't have to say a word to get a laugh. Such a funny guy. Stupid jokes but it was just the way he told them.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2017 04:31 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug
Why is it that when I reply to a post that it is nearly always duplicated?
Terry

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 09, 2017 01:30 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry,

Because a good post is worth repeating.

Actually, that sometimes happens when the Add Reply button is mistakenly double clicked.

Doug

--------------------

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 10, 2017 02:39 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug
You have been watching too many old Universal features. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Maurice

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 10, 2017 04:07 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice,

Exactly! I think Frankenstein was the first film to use that.

Doug

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC