8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » I'm not a FU***NG Robot!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm not a FU***NG Robot!!!!!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 05, 2017 12:22 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have any of you had to deal with that "recapthcha" program? It's when you're signing up for something, and you have to go thru all these annoying pictures of cars ect before you can actually get into you're account?

I tried that for days with twitter, and I finally gave up. Me, a 7 year college veteran with a degree, reduced to a steaming pile of profanity laden gibberish, all over a PC program, (grrrr!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2017 12:42 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi I can empathise with you on that blooming nonsense.

Why the hell do they even bother with that stuff ?
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 05, 2017 12:52 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theres quite a few stupid websites that do that,
the whole internet thing sucks, yes it has good sides, (forums, purchasing goods etc), but look at the down sides, no one has to rob a bank anymore, they just break into your accounts on line from somewhere else on the far side of the Earth, they take the cash then you have to do the footwork to get it back, perverts havens, tax dodgers, scum of the Earth nicking your identity. Does a month go by where some stupid company or council or other place has "accidentally" given out thousands of peoples identity's which are meant o be data protected? A supermarket chain here this week did this but gave out all there employees details, cretins!!!
Even the English guy who invented the www said on TV if he knew how it would have been used like it is he would never had done it. Although i am sure someone would have sooner or later. And another thing,,,,
It's a social curse, a generation of retards who stay in there bedrooms and up all night, even adults with no lives letting us know there every move of the day and letting everyone know, My Son/Daughter is my best friend. Oh dear, NO! they are your Son or your Daughter, no one who is a stranger to you gives a S*** nor wishes to know you just had a coffee in Costa and it was delicious or you took your doggy for a walk along the sea front. For Gods sake get a life,

Thats me rant done [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2017 02:05 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom ... Yes I agree modern life is rubbish at times. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2017 03:31 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It took me several attempts the first time because the robot that sent it put it on the web page with the instructions of what to do scrolled up out of sight!!!!!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 06, 2017 04:59 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Royal Mail are using this system to access their tracking programme.
Each time you refresh the page to see how your package is moving along their system you get this stupid set a photos, and often three sets, before you can read your tracking details once again.
It is highly frustrating. [Mad]

--------------------
Maurice

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2017 09:28 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely, the internet is a double edged sword. It has its upside (this forum, for example) but it also has its downside (too many to mention here). Sometimes I wish it had never been invented. There's a lot of technology that I never asked for but was forced to embrace.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2017 09:50 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Technology such as electronic payment cards and forcing us all to use the Banks when you don't want to really pisses me off.

Even worse Internet Banking.

One of the biggest scams ever was doing away with the good old cash in a paypacket on pay day.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 06, 2017 11:46 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... and now there are bloody "bit" coins!

Warning! Warren Buffet says NOT to invest in these things, as the market for these (right now) is bound to burst and a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money. Warren Buffet is rarely wrong when it comes to these.

If you have them ... cash them in quickly and run away away with the "lolly" [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 06, 2017 03:33 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Half of the problem today is this need to "upgrade". Microsoft and apple are two of the biggest rip off merchants ever with just about everyone and every business being held to ransom, i have seen the company i work for having to upgrade to Windows 10 as Microsoft have decided they wont support 7 anymore. The sums involved are ridiculous. The winner every time is MS.

go back 30/40 years and your outgoings did not include,
Mobile phone monthly bills,
upgrade to a different phone every few years, (i dont )
internet monthly rental,(especially where kids play on-line)
cable/satellite monthly bill,
400 pound games consoles that need to be replaced every few years with another upgrade to play the latest nonsense,
upgrading to the latest DVD-Blu Ray/ 4K then whatever comes next,
Having to upgrade the TV to keep up with the jones's

No wonder youngsters find it impossible to get there own homes.
And if Microsoft get there own way after a few years of Windows 10, you will no longer by your operating system, MS want everyone to pay for having it monthly. They claim the advantage is all upgrades are free and it always be kept up to date. Yeah right

And here we all are with our 40 year old + projectors still showing the standard Super 8 films around the world.

Me other rant done

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2017 06:14 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have such a thing as a mobile phone monthly bill.
I simply use pay as you go which lasts me ages as I very rarely use my mobile phone.

I don't subscribe to any cable or satellite company.

I don't have a Bank overdraft as much as the Bank would like me to have one...as its just a fancy name for credit.

Yep ... Bit Coins another scam !

There have been times lately when I have thought about chucking my computer in the wheelie bin in order to save some cash for my hobbies.

Oh to return to the days of monthly paper printed film lists and newsletters !

--------------------

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2017 07:55 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree with just about everything said here. I suppose we are all grumpy old 'Victor Meldrew' gits, but it's difficult to see the benefits of modern lifestyles when we had easier much less regulated times.
I saw Dunkirk last night, some of which was shot, on film, in my home town of Weymouth where some of the small boats embarked from on the task of saving the troops from Dunkirk. It's a truly great film about true events and it brought tears to my eyes knowing what horrors young men endured. Youngsters these days would just view it as entertainment and see no relevance to the sacrifice given so that they are able to enjoy their democratic freedom.
I wonder what the troops that fought and died for us would think of the greedy, corrupt and uncompassionate world of today. We may have better creature comforts but little else has improved and Germany still desires to dominate Europe, but now financially.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC