8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Terminator 2 Restored Blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Terminator 2 Restored Blu-ray
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 21, 2017 01:32 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this was a pleasant surprise this new 2017 digital restoration two disc 2D/3D blu-ray edition released by Studiocanal is excellent. I watched the 2/D version last night and for a 26 year old movie it looks great. I understand the 4K release is even better. The restoration was supervised by James Cameron. Has anyone watched the 3D yet, I missed it when it was released in the cinema this year.

I am tempted to get a video projector somewhere along the line that can do 3D projection ...anyone ever done that? and what is it like?

Anyway home entertainment has never been so good. The problem is I cant keep up with it..
 -
a couple of screen shots taken last night
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 22, 2017 08:50 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well folks just a quick mention, that included in the disc extras, is a new "Reprogramming The Terminator Documentry" its about 50mins long made in 2017 and includes many of the cast members including Arnie etc....its very interesting.

I have uploaded to you-tube my 1991 Original 35mm trailer, which after 26 years still looks pretty good.

https://youtu.be/ob63wDPIiTQ

Rodney Bourke
Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2019 10:14 PM      Profile for Rodney Bourke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James Cameron has just made his 3rd Terminator Movie continuing on from T2, have to say his original Fans will not be disappointed see Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxy8udgWRmo

Fraser Amos
Junior

- posted November 11, 2019 01:47 PM      Profile for Fraser Amos   Author's Homepage   Email Fraser Amos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone seen the latest Terminator Dark Fate the first 3 were great.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2019 06:06 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, I for one have been screening Blu ray 3D for years now, and the 3D is great!
I have ordered this new Terminator 2 set from the UK, and I'm looking forward to seeing this 3D conversion. My latest BenQ projector is the HT2050A, and my Sony player is an all region S5200

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 11, 2019 11:13 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic Joe [Smile]

I bought some 3D glasses for the Epson early on in the year and its been great. I have watched "Jurassic Park" at least three times in 3D and for an old movie its very impressive, likewise the 3D version of "The Wizard Of OZ" if fact it was hard to believe what I was watching, how did they do it [Cool]
 -
 -

All great stuff [Cool] [Smile]

Nantawat Kittiwarakul
Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2019 10:10 PM      Profile for Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Email Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering the massive box office bomb of the Dark Fate, I think the title says it all... [Roll Eyes]

For me Terminator2 has the REAL ENDING of the saga, anything following that didn't exist, period. [Wink]

--------------------
Just a lone collector from a faraway land...

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2019 01:56 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes everything else is in an alternative reality set up by the first two's meddling with time.

Rodney Bourke
Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2019 04:43 AM      Profile for Rodney Bourke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can see at IMAX even better to be enjoyed

https://www.imax.com/news/terminator-dark-fate-official-trailer

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 13, 2019 10:59 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham

Yes yes and yes :-)

Managed to see T2 3D and the Kinema 3 times in the end and really quite amazing experience being T2 fan el No 1. The much anticipated 3D Blu-Ray Steelbook was ordered as soon as it was advertised also amazing along with a poster donated from a cinema. Very nice of them.

3D projection video wise is something we have enjoyed here for a bit and it is pretty darn good.

My beloved T2 super 8 feature gets its annual screening still and we did come home after the 3D viewing and watch it...as you do.
I so love the S8 film and it is probably my prized print of all the archive although many have tried to obtain it from me.

Yes seen Dark Fate as since the 80's I have seen every Termy film at the first UK screening possible. Really loved it and back again this week for another viewing. First time round we sat with several old fans cough cough they also loved the films. I think it will really be a fans movie but lovable.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 14, 2019 03:02 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good to know Lee, I was a bit put of going to see the new one lately, due to the negative feedback, but will hopefully watch it soon.

I watched the "3D" version of "Terminator 2" again tonight. The "3D" certainly gives the movie a whole new viewing perspective over the 2D version. [Cool] ....home entertainment these days, has never been so good [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC