8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Dunkirk 2017 Blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dunkirk 2017 Blu-ray
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 28, 2017 12:47 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After reading mixed reviews in the past about this film, I really was not to sure of it. However I thought I would ignore some of those reviews and see it for myself.

Both picture and sound are excellent, what impressed me was that dialogue was kept to a minimum, which in my view, with this type film is a good thing...you really dont need it.., let the visuals tell the story and that's exactly what Nolan has done. Another good point was the running time of only 1hr 46min... at last not a long drawn out epic.

I was impressed with how Christopher Nolan had shot this film, keeping the story and visuals of Dunkirk nice and tight. In particular the flying scenes were very well done.

"Dunkirk" is really a film thats needs to be shown on a large screen 70mm film presentation, to really get the benefit of the original 65mm film shoot, and not your average multi-plex ho hum digital box.

Its a pity that here in NZ there were no 35/70mm prints shown but only in digital.

Christopher Nolan "Dunkirk" is well worth buying in blu-ray, the 4K I would imagine would be even be better. I certainly like like the way he approached the subject....and as such recommend it....some screen shots from last night..
 -
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC