8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Darkest Hour

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Darkest Hour
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 02, 2018 01:46 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We went to see Darkest Hour last night, the new film about Winston Churchill during the early days of WW2, when Britain stood totally alone against the Nazi blitzkrieg of Europe. Gary Oldman is superb as Churchill, and must be in the running for an Oscar. I found the film quite emotional, almost bringing me to tears during his famous 'never surrender' speech to Parliament. Anyway it made me very proud to be of British heritage.
Very Highly recommended *****

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 24, 2018 05:40 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul

Watched it last week on Blu-ray terrific acting by Gary Oldman [Smile]

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2018 02:08 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"You cannot reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth "
What a great retort to the Parliamentarians who favoured peace talks with Hitler.
Churchill was a great Statesman and orator. He made such rousing speeches and quotes, at a time when we so desperately needed a strong leader.
Pity that it took Pearl Harbour to make the US join forces.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2018 01:55 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. Saw this twice in theaters and thought Gary Oldman's accolades were thoroughly deserved. His recreation of the character and speeches of Churchill should be required viewing for any student of history, or anyone period.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC