8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Italy's totally ****** UP POST!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Italy's totally ****** UP POST!!!
Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2018 10:57 AM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes ... dear Brian and Dominique ... but the package in this case ... is in the hands of USPS ... please ... read the upload of the tracking https://t.17track.net/it#nums=CP056662005IT ... where it is written that, on January 31st , the package was cleared at the ISC of NEW YORK ... so ... I think it's in the hands of an American postman, not in those of an Italian postman ... and if we have to tell the whole truth ... USPS, in this case, they did a job even worse than Poste Italiane. Anyway, I do not make accusations to anyone, I just say that, unfortunately, these things can happen ... and that these things happen all over the world ... certainly not only in Italy. I believe that in the coming days, finally, Osi will have the film ...

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 02, 2018 11:06 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alberto, I was not suggesting that the Italian post had lost or stolen the parcell but just saying that wrong things can happen everywhere [Wink]

--------------------
Dominique

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2018 03:26 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's the same thing that I think, dear Dominique

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 03, 2018 06:09 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi will get his film, Alberto will get his money.
I love it when things come good in the end.
[Smile]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 28, 2018 09:09 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm itching to know how this turned out fellas. Osi, did you get your film?

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 28, 2018 09:48 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It says on the tracking it was refused when they tried to deliver it to Osi, so is on the way back to Italy.

Best Mark.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 28, 2018 10:14 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the tracking info:-
https://t.17track.net/it#nums=CP056662005IT

--------------------
Maurice

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2018 10:18 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why did Osi refuse it after all this fuss?

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 28, 2018 12:40 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that's rather strange.

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2018 12:48 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe outrageous postage amount was due on it .

I guess it's up to Osi to tell us to wrap this thread up..... [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Dave

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 28, 2018 02:48 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While everbody is waiting for Osi to reply [Big Grin]
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 28, 2018 03:00 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once, I saw that statment (item refused) on the tracking page of an item (probably a film) I was waiting for although nobody asked me anything nor left any paper in my box. I was lucky I saw it quickly as I was able to sort that by calling the transporter (I don't remember which one it was). They still had my parcell and brought it the following day. Of course, nobody knew why it was written that I refused the item and I'm sure they didn't even investigate to find that out.

--------------------
Dominique

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2018 04:05 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While we are waiting, I will read War and Peace.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2018 04:21 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert...that's a good one! [Smile]

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2018 04:40 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 01, 2018 11:30 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well something odd must have happened, as can do with the post etc, as I can`t see that Osi would refuse it on purpose as he was waiting so hard for it.

I once sent something to a chap and it said refused, and he never saw it, in fact it then dissapeared too.

That was to the States too as it happens.

Best Mark.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2018 12:15 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sit tight folks, only Osi himself can provide the final thrilling instalment to this long running drama!

Kevin

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 01, 2018 12:18 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just tried to, moments ago, and I forgot to click "Ctrl and C" to make sure it didn't say "can't post Cuz of "flood" (didn't let me post my post), so I'll try writing it again tomorrow, as it was a long post and it's too danged frustrating going thru THAT again!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2018 12:51 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi if you would take the time to read the instructions when that happens all you have to do is wait 30 seconds and press the refresh button and your post would appear

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 01, 2018 01:28 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suggest when writing long posts to first write it using Notepad...then copy and paste into the forum form. It's much safer and prevents frustration and time wasted.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 02, 2018 11:46 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, now I’ve had the time to actually type this out on WORD and able to make this, probably, my ultimate post, (well, perhaps my longest, not including some of my reviews).

I had forgotten to get back to this series of posts and it’s been a few weeks since the end of this. On February 8th (I believe, it might have been the 9th), the film finally arrived …

… and you were right Mark, though you didn’t know it … I returned the package, having it marked “refused/return to sender”

Why, after all of this time?

Backtrack to mid January …

I put in a request for a refund and by this time, it had already been near a month and a half. On about the 20th or so of January, I received an ebay message that stated that, if I didn’t further the request for a refund, ebay would assume as of the 28th that I and the seller had come to some form of “amiacable” settlement concerning the refund.

… however, all I kept gearing from Alberto was, “Please be patient, please be patient, please be patient” ect ect and this wasn’t disingenuous on Alberto’s part, as there WAS the hope that it might finally arrive. Since I had, as of that time, absolutely no tracking information (as of here in the U.S.), that actually stated that it was in fact in the U.S., I continued my refund request as, I was pretty sure that if ebay felt that by the 28th, I didn’t continue my refund request, that we had settled the issue, and with 350.00 dollars on the line, (a very large sum for my family), I couldn’t take a chance that I wouldn’t be able to start a second refund request on the same auction, which I don’t know for a fact, but I’m betting that ebay probably doesn’t allow for.

To be honest, by the time that I received my refund by early February (or was it late January?), I wanted to be completely done with the film and didn’t want it anymore and if the film DID in fact arrive, that I would immediately have one of two things which I and Alberto discussed via e-mails back and forth …

A. I would accept the film and sell it for Alberto over here in the U.S., which, if it sold here in the U.S. to a U.S. buyer, the shipping would be very small and more profit for Alberto … or …
B. I would simply mark the package “refused/return to sender” and Alberto could resell it at his convenience.

Alberto chose to have me send it back to him. In fact, just to alleviate any worried, though not requested by Alberto, I even filmed the package arriving, in the hands of the postman as it was verified to be returning to Alberto directly, (just in case anybody would attempt to call me a liar and trying to keep it for myself), with a close up of the address as, there are always those few on the forums that have always desired to catch Ole OSI being fraudulent, which I’ve never been. Hey, everybody has they’re “enemies.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it has already gotten back to Alberto. I would actually love to hear that it has, of course for, though I was made right with the refund, I’d certainly not wish to see Alberto not have the opportunity to make back with another ebay sale, as much or perhaps even more by re-listing it.

Therefore, I actually started this post originally for two reasons …

A. Quite frankly, to vent about rotten post (which is NOT Alberto’s fault)
B. With the help of the Forum members, to perhaps actually find out where
the package actually was.

So, there you have it Sorry for not getting back on this for quite awhile. No doubt there will be more questions from some …

“ Oh yeah?! PROVE that you filmed it being returned! “

So here's dat ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQaCiR7js8s&feature=youtu.be

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 02, 2018 12:08 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well thats not too bad a result then overall.

Just a shame Italy`s post is sometimes so variable.

I`ve been lucky with it so far.

Hopefully Alberto can try to get a refund as it was amazingly bad this time.

Best Mark.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 02, 2018 12:36 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting explanation.

Had I purchased the film, I would have felt obligated to accept it, postal delays notwithstanding.
Not to mention the fact that, to have paid $350 for it, I would have to have really wanted the film in the first place.

It would seem that Osi refused delivery of the film for no good reason, other than that he suddenly decided he didn't want the film. Well, that is, by any of the standards we profess as collectors, unfair to the seller.

It's pretty unbelievable really.

If Alberto is happy with this outcome, then hats off to him.
[Smile]

[ March 03, 2018, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: Michael O'Regan ]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 03, 2018 09:33 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not just Italian post, the poxy Royal Mail clowns have somehow lost a 400ft i sent to S America, all tracked etc, now i am awaiting a response from RM, It puts me off send to S America now as this is the second time a tracked parcel has dissapeared, it got as far as Heathrow, but nothing from there on. I now exclude this country when i list on fleabay along with Asia.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2018 12:35 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, Tom. All of this thread seems to have no definite purpose (at least retrospectively) but to misrepresent the Italian Mail system. Which is more often than not quite acceptable by any standards: I, too send and receive parcels from many places, both Europe, USA and, as of recently, Japan. I have been doing this for more than 20 years now and I can hardly recall a parcel lost in the system and that was from... Germany (no less!!!). But I did not build a paradigm on this. On the other hand; I sent two cultural boxes during December (about 15th) to schools in Lithuania and Romania for an international project and they both arrived in 3 weeks.

And again I once had to have a box containing a lot of rare books shipped from Cambridge, MA to Italy; I was a university student at that time, collecting material for my dissertation so I sent out that box to myself using the cheapest rate ("surface mail") which I could afford (being on a shoestring budget...); it did arrive but after three months (of prayers and swearing! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] ). So I guess it's all a matter of timing, (bad) luck etc which is not in our control.

--------------------
Maurizio

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC