8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Latest Purchase

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Latest Purchase
Mark Davies
Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2018 02:33 PM      Profile for Mark Davies   Email Mark Davies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks, I cannot see a thread on latest purchases, if there is, please send me the link and I'll post it there and maybe the mods can delete this one.

So today, my loving wife picked up for me...
filmbetrachter Super 8mm film editor made by hahmel still original boxed, looks OK, haven't fired her up yet as just come from car and it's a bit cold. No instructions though.
Bell & Howell 33SR, boxed, instructions, guarantee card.. I wonder if I post it off............ mmmm
and a rather somewhat heavy Hanimex LaRonde 35mm Colour Slide projector.
All boxed, all serviced, all looking rather good. Of course no idea if they are yet. All for a small amount.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 15, 2018 04:25 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont think there is one, i did stat one early in the year for what films did we bought in the 2017, here
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=004629;p=1

But yours is a good way to start a thread for this so lets see what gets added. [Wink]

Mark Davies
Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2018 10:52 AM      Profile for Mark Davies   Email Mark Davies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the Bell & Howell 33SR out last night for a run and the rear arm was not running and not pulling the film on the real.

I took it apart and found the belt just slipping on the cork screw/spiral thread that drives the rear arm.

It had been serviced and I recon there was grease on the band and groove.

I took off the belt along with the gear type thing. Put the end of the nylon gear (that has the belt) into boiling hot water and cleaned off excess grease. I cleaned the belt with tissue and the metal groove that drives the belt with tissue as well.

All back together and worked brilliantly. The inside of this machine is so clean, it's a really nice projector.

So no grease on the belt pulleys , and grease on the gears/cogs.
Is this correct, maybe the belt is too large and needs to be smaller?

I next need to clean my films. I know there are threads here, but any recommended place in the UK for everything, including film repair tape and loaders from a single place?

Kind Regards Mark.

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2018 11:18 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best source for most things filmwise, whatever the gauge, is probably Classic Home Cinema. Give Phil Sheard a call 01472 291934.
David Guest might also prove to be a good contact. He will no doubt read this and give you his number as I don't have it. Sources have contracted over the years but CHC is the best first contact....unless someone knows better!

--------------------
Dave

Mark Davies
Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2018 02:59 PM      Profile for Mark Davies   Email Mark Davies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dave, I have emailed Phil.

Kind Regards Mark

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC