8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Another Four-Letter Word

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Four-Letter Word
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 13, 2018 04:09 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone watch the film "Spy" recently on Channel 4?

Within the first minutes, or so, we were given the usual four-letter word, so usual these days that it almost tends to be ignored.

BUT. Only a few minutes later, a lady uttered another four-letter word, a word I've never heard on a film before.

I turned off the film. What are things coming to?

I don't get this sort of language whilst watching my favourite channel, Talking Pictures TV.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2018 05:02 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that's because they are showing a lot of mine and I don't like fowl language to

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2018 06:20 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know chickens used bad language! That's peckin' awful [Big Grin]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 13, 2018 06:39 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And yet to this day our TV companies will not show the episode of The professionals titled "Klansman", this episode, (like all of them), never uses the F word, but they worry more about upsetting a certain group of people.
But putting out the f word etc (and worse) on the TV is OK, they dont worry about how many people may be offended by that. You see what a F'd up country we live in this is [Big Grin] [Wink]
And all of this PC nonsense originates from over the pond, as i said too many do gooders out there, I have to say this is one reason why i watch very little TV, the patronising adverts winde me up with there perfect mixed families and everyone seems to have a perfect big house with all the fluffy bits around the edge and everything is nice n sunny. Followed up by the latest news from around the world where reality kicks in, or at least what they want us to know, oh and the reminder that the images may disturb you while your having your tea [Big Grin]
I saw something on the news the other day which had me laughing in disbelief, some group somewhere wants to ban the use of the words manpower. Nuf said [Wink]
I will add, bad lingo doesn't bother me in movies, but the television companies seem to be going all out to compete with movies, a film is rated for age, but we all know that kids see what they want on TV, the days are gone where decent parents dont let them watch all sorts, but then, we now have the WWW which is a free for all.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC