8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Belgian cinema museum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Belgian cinema museum
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 11, 2018 03:30 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today, I was lucky to visit, thanks to forum member Nick Vermeirsch, a very nice museum that has a lot of material of several gauges.

-

-

On the left, Nick, who organized the visit, on the right, the owner of this museum. I understood that his collection was taking too much space at home and that he found this solution to keep it.

-

Many 35 mm projectors were saved from destruction.

-

All the machines are in working condition.

-

That editing table once belonged to the Belgian Dutch speaking television.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 11, 2018 04:01 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Magnificent - The 35's alone are worth the price of admission - Cheers all-around, Shorty

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 11, 2018 04:11 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Joe.

-

-

This one is a Belgian projector, used in Belgian Congo by the missionaries.

-

There's a projection room for groups or schools.

-

-

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 11, 2018 11:26 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Dominique

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2018 01:03 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cine Heaven! Thanks Dom for highlighting this museum. Reminds me a little of Clevedon (now gone) but larger and more organised. I love all those 35 monsters.

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2018 01:24 AM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super, thanks for the photos, Dominique! A nice seal of a nice excursion! [Wink]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 12, 2018 01:33 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stunning collection [Cool]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 12, 2018 02:44 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all for watching my pictures and your nice comments. Nick, big thanks for having let me know about this museum and for having organized the visit ! The last photos...

-

-

The owner was happy to set a screen...

-

...to turn a 35 mm projector on (some of his 35 mm projectors can also project 16 mm or 70 mm films)...

-

...needeless to say, the quality of the picture was top of the top.

-

That's all, folks [Wink]

--------------------
Dominique

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2018 03:04 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice Dominique,thanks for sharing the pictures,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2018 06:22 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the address of this museum?

What are the opening times,please?

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 12, 2018 06:46 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Melvin, I went with Nick who made me discover the place. I understand it's open on an appointment base ; I asked Nick by e-mail to provide the address (it's close to a city called Tielt) and détails so watch this space [Wink]

--------------------
Dominique

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2018 06:55 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an awesome collection! I would love to visit. It is good to see all that equipment being taking care of. Nice pictures Dominique! Thanks for sharing. [Smile]

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2018 07:37 AM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Melvin!

This museum is in Roeselare, a rather small town in the West of Flanders, Belgium (see map below). Full address: Gladiolenstraat 17, 8800 Roeselare (West-Vlaanderen). He has a website with some other information, his mail and phone and some pictures: http://www.michelsfilmmuseum.be/contact. The owner is Michiel Remaut, he gives tours in the museum "on demand", so no official opening times.

-

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2018 11:47 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was there some two years ago thanks to Nick as well; i was simply stunned by the quality and variety of the items on display; I've never seen such an extensive and comprehensive collection: each film gauge there is represented with dozens and dozens of units and all seem in perfect condition (possibly functional); in short it's a real Aladdin's Cave!!!

--------------------
Maurizio

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 13, 2018 06:32 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy you enjoyed as well, Maurizio.

--------------------
Dominique

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2018 07:57 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a fun and amazing place! I hope somebody will financially endow it so the contents are secure for future generations to enjoy. On the other hand, if this guy started out as a home collector and ended up with this, perhaps he has considerable means anyway! But converting it to a private trust or nonprofit organization would be really cool.

As are the photos. Thanks for bringing us along on the tour!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC