8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Documentary Supporting The Future of Film - Keeping It Reel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Documentary Supporting The Future of Film - Keeping It Reel
Jonathan Hartin
Junior

- posted April 14, 2018 12:52 PM      Profile for Jonathan Hartin   Email Jonathan Hartin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, my name’s Jonathan Hartin and I am the director for the documentary ‘Keeping It Reel’. While attending the 2017 North West Film Fair in Blackpool to create a promotional video for David Guest (event organiser), me and my team quickly noticed we were the youngest in attendance. After chatting and getting to know some of the participants and attendees, we discovered what film means to them and the massive impact it has had on their lives. We soon found ourselves empathising with the common and sad conclusion that film collections and classic cinema are dying. This is what inspired and represents the base of ‘Keeping It Reel’.

In 2018 we went to the North West Film Fair in Farnsworth and used the opportunity to get connections. Then we got to work: contacting and organising interviews with cinema owners, businesses, collectors and fans alike. We hope that through this documentary we will be able to reach out to younger generations and show them a part of history that they probably don’t know existed or don’t know too much about. Moreover, we want to inspire and share our passion for film and most importantly protect the future of film, so it can continue to be enjoyed for generations to come.

If you can support us in any way through funding, here is a link to our crowdfunding page:
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/reel-stories

[ April 22, 2018, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Jonathan Hartin ]

--------------------
J. Hartin

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Hartin
Junior

- posted April 22, 2018 09:14 AM      Profile for Jonathan Hartin   Email Jonathan Hartin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please find below the link to our first teaser with Charles Morris who currently owns six cinemas. This interview was filmed at his first Cinema, The Rex in Elland.

https://vimeo.com/265891519

--------------------
J. Hartin

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 23, 2018 07:48 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jonathan. Great project ! A little question. When you say : "we want to inspire and share our passion for film and most importantly protect the future of film, so it can continue to be enjoyed for generations to come.", do you mean that yourself (and other members of your team maybe) use real stockfilm as well (not for your documentary of course but as a hobby) ?

--------------------
Dominique

Jonathan Hartin
Junior

- posted April 24, 2018 03:11 PM      Profile for Jonathan Hartin   Email Jonathan Hartin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dominique,Thank you for your response! Currently I am taking my first steps into using real stock film as a hobby. Currently I am using Kodak Vision 3 Color Negative - 50D/7203 for my Mirage 20 Super 8 camera which I picked up from Ebay last year. I am also part of a group of film students who are attempting to get a cine society/club running at our University where we hope to create a 16mm film over the Summer. As I said I'm very passionate about saving the use film for both shooting as well as viewing for generations to come.

--------------------
J. Hartin

Reese Williams
Junior

- posted May 03, 2018 08:14 AM      Profile for Reese Williams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's cool

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC