8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Introducing Myself

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Introducing Myself
Andrew Smith
Junior

- posted May 03, 2018 12:29 PM      Profile for Andrew Smith   Email Andrew Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please excuse me if this isn't the correct area to post this, but I just wanted to say hello to the board. I'm new to film collecting and have been lurking around these parts for a few weeks taking in as much knowledge as I can.

After owning a few reels of Super 8 for some time now purely for their box art, I picked up a silent dual standard and super 8 Chinon projector last month and instantly fell in love with the shadows and light dancing upon my walls. I'm now the happy owner of a Sankyo 501 and a small but growing collection of reels. I have a few 16mm cartoon reels that may be of interest to someone that I picked up during a work project a couple of years ago, so perhaps this is the forum to help them find a good home!

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2018 12:44 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Andrew! This is the perfect place to introduce yourself!

16mm projectors aren't necessarily expensive, depending on the model (although they don't necessarily all work, either!). Do you have any interest in viewing these? But if you decide to move your 16mm reels along, there's an appropriate forum area for that purpose. You'd want to tell us titles, approx. length, and if you unspool a few feet of film, color quality of each print.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 03, 2018 12:52 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew,

Welcome to the 8mm Forum!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 04, 2018 05:45 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To a fellow box-art man, I say welcome - Cheers, Shorty

Andrew Smith
Junior

- posted May 04, 2018 11:00 AM      Profile for Andrew Smith   Email Andrew Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, chaps!

I simply don't have SPACE for 16mm in my life at the moment [Big Grin]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 04, 2018 12:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup! Welcome, you fellow slave to the Celluloid!! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC