8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Empire Of The Sun blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Empire Of The Sun blu-ray
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 02, 2018 02:48 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who remembers going to the cinema on its release in 1987? "Empire of the Sun" came out about the same time as "The Last Emperor" we watched them both in one week.

Although I felt at the time "The Last Emperor" was the better of the two films "Empire of the Sun" was not bad.

Looking back to the 80s, we used to go to the cinema regular, unlike today. I have not been in years [Frown] watching Empire last night, I noticed one of the actors as being Ben Stiller, and of coarse a talented young actor in his first film role Christian Bale.

Anyway it was a most enjoyable evening, watching all 2hs 30min worth. The VP has been a great investment, plus the quality of Blu-ray these days, make home entertainment a real pleasure to re-live some of those old movies once again.

a couple of quick screen shots from last night taken after watching it.
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 04, 2018 11:07 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!!!

The colors just pop out!

I always loved this film. I could already see that young Christian Bale would "go places" after this film and he has had a very good career!

Hmm, the film came out in 1987. Boy, I'd love to find a super 8 optical feature of that! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC