8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Ex-Derann employees ... HELP PLEASE!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ex-Derann employees ... HELP PLEASE!!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 04, 2018 11:53 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that it would have to be an ex Derann employee who could answer this question (but someone whon really knows Derann films releases could help as well)....

When Derann acquired the negatives from Red Fox, one of the things they reprinted (and on low fade film stock) was a reel entitled, "US 70's commercials". it was part of the 'Movieola" series of Derann releases.

Now, Red Fox made at least that print, but there were actually, at least two 200ft reels done by Red Fox entitled, "70's commercial classics 1", and "70's commercial classics 2'. On the Derann print, it the complete original Red Fox leader and it says "70's commercial classics 2", while the Derrann box just says ...

"U.S. 70's commercials.

my question for any ex-Derann employee who would know ...

Being that Derann acquired the Red Fox negatives, did they reprint the other Derann 70's commercial reel as well?

I thank you for you're time, ahead of time! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 04, 2018 03:56 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They re-printed Leon Errol's CUTIE ON DUTY, one I need

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 06, 2018 11:49 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that Gary Brocklehurst was a Derann employee, but I'm not sure of some of the other people that i think were employees.

If others who have old catalogues could help, that would be appreciated as well! [Smile]

--------------------

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2018 04:48 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi ask ged jones ,hes on facebook.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2018 08:53 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi as far as i know they only ever printed a reel entitled ...
" CLASSIC US TV COMMERCIALS " ( M347 )

They did do another USA one titled ... " INTERMISSION USA. " (M164) )
This was a compilation of intermission and snack style ads from the 1940s to the 1960s featuring Coke , Hotdogs , Popcorn and other stuff. [Smile]

There was also a " CHRISTMAS USA " ( M239) reel.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 07, 2018 10:41 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ged Jones ... awesome ...thanks!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC